Dereliction of Duty: Set For Release 30th September, 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dereliction of Duty: Set For Release 30th September, 2011.

Dereliction of Duty: Set For Release 30th September, 2011.

If you've been following my blog or were a guest for my chat recently in chat-room, you'll know that my novel, Dereliction of Duty, was recently accepted for publication by Inspired Quill. Today, I received the date for when the e-book will be made available to the public. The company is planning to release the paperback version close to Christmas, so I'll keep you up to date with any further developments on that score.

Suffice it to say, the next few months will be exciting. If you're thinking of buying and want a look at the first chapter, you can find it here: http://www.writingforums.com/writers...tion-duty.html. I haven't been made aware of what the e-book will cost to download. As soon as I am, I'll post it here.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Baron
    It's good to see you've got a release date for this now, Sam. I'll look forward to more news of the paperback.

I'm buying one. At least.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Congratulations, Sam. Wish you luck.
    "The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities." ~ James Allen

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." ~ Henry Van Dyke

Best of luck, Sam! This is a great achievement.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Sam! After hearing about how long it took to finally get this date, I'm sure it's a relief to have something to mark down in the calendar.
    If a lion could speak, we could not understand him - ​Ludwig Wittgenstein

Bilston, the Black Country, in the heart of England
    Congratulations, Sam. It's on my Christmas list.
    "I think a life is a plot. It's probably the elementary plot. I came across a quotation of Patrick White, the Australian writer, just about the time I needed it. He said he never bothers with plot. He just writes about life 'limping along toward death.' That made me feel much better, to keep this in my mind."

Carol Shields.

Break a leg, kid.
    El día ha sido bueno. La noche será larga.

Excellent work! I'll see if I can order it off B&N.

Hey Sam! Really excited for you and looking forward to reading. Congrats, again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast