Dereliction of Duty: Set For Release 30th September, 2011. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dereliction of Duty: Set For Release 30th September, 2011.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Sam! That's fantastic. All the very best with it.
    How To Get Critiques On Your Work: WF is very much a give and take community, meaning the best way to get constructive critiques and comments on your work is to give them to others.
    "Shut up and write something." —eggo
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Good deal Sam. Looking forward to reading it.
    MJ Preston is an Author and Artist at Large who hails from Canada.
    He is the author of the novels: THE EQUINOX, ACADIA EVENT, HIGHWAYMAN Book One, and numerous short stories and articles.Hidden Content To learn more: visit: Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

This is wonderful news, Sam, congratulations! Since reading that excerpt, I've been quietly salivating for more. It's on my wish list, love, and best of luck where sales are concerned.

Somewhere between failure and first draft
    Do I get a signed copy if I pay the extra for postage?

No signed copies yet, Pilgrim. It's being released first as an e-book.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Some editing issues have forced the publishers to push the release date back at least a week. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, but when you consider that there's usually an 18-month period between acceptance and publication with most publishing houses, another week or so is acceptable.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

How the eff did I not see this thread!? Holy cow! Congratulations, Sam! And by the way, I'm with Pilgrim: Whenever it's released in tangible form, I want a signed copy!
    "People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, but the worlds inside people."
    -Johnny Depp

Hey Sam, after US publication, how many weeks will it take for the book to appear in PH shelves, or at least the Asian shelves?

... Will the book even arrive here? *hopes*
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

Oops, I haven't updated this thread. Okay, the novel is now set for an early December release in both paperback and e-book format. That keeps both camps happy, I feel, and it's the way I initially wanted it to be released.

Steph -- Thanks. I'll have to get back to you on the signed copy, though. Unless I'm doing a book signing in your part of the world, that might take some doing. I will definitely do my best to get you a signed copy.

Fuhrer -- I don't know that my marketing plan extends that far. It will be available to buy through Amazon, though, and I'm sure they ship to your neck of the woods.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    So, where does one find a review?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12