Metallica inspired sculpture

Thread: Metallica inspired sculpture

Kalgash, the planet of six suns. (Canada)

Metallica inspired sculpture

This is a sculpture I made inspired by Metallica's song "The Unforgiven II". You can see a few cracks from it being dropped and glued back together, but I think it adds character to it. It was originally for my high school sculpture class but I really liked it so I kept it on my desk. Most people in my class were making teapots, plates, and pots, but I decided to try something a little different. I am a Metallica fan and "The Unforgiven II" is one of my favourite songs. The sculpture is a visualization of the lines "the door is locked now, but it's open if you're true. If you can understand the me, then I can understand the you." It's kind of hard to see the words in the picture, as I'm not really the greatest photographer.

Made with clay, acrylic paint, and varnish.

Ha! It wasn't ANYTHING like what I invisioned when I opend the thread. I think it's eccentric and cool to REALLY like such a thing, and keep reparing it. I like it and appreciate it. The piece speaks of an independant, quirky spirit, with a generous sense of humor.

​Metallica FTW!. Very creative work. I like it.

I must be honest, I too expected something quite different. This is a very creative work. The way in which you have incorporated the lyrics from the song makes the piece truly skillful. I am sure your teacher was very impressed with your unique take on the project. Well done!