I need a name for a gothic, futuristic city. - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need a name for a gothic, futuristic city.

Quote Originally Posted by Trides View Post
    ... crushing everyone as Nature's apt payback for the evil deeds committed!
    That somehow sounds a lot like the babel tower... hmm...

Suddenly, I feel like writing this in first person.

Quote Originally Posted by elite View Post
    That somehow sounds a lot like the babel tower... hmm...

Suddenly, I feel like writing this in first person.
    I'm thinking the people of level 0 might refer to the upper city as the tower of Babel. I personally liked Alan's offering. Caelumscala. It rolls off the tongue.
    'The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you.'
    David Foster Wallace

I'm not feeling the Cloud Nine name... I feel something's off with it.

Aureopolis sound really good.
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

Thanks for the help, guys. Now it's time to write!

You should post something when you've wrote it... as I mentioned before it's an intriguing premise and sounds really cool.

Yeah! Post something when you've written it! You can't just ask us for a city name and then withhold the fruits of your labor and genius! XP
    High school = much work = procrastination = mother shouting = shouting back at mother

Thanks guys, I've written some things, but I'm still sorting out the ideas inside my head.

It's a mystery story and I'm not used to having multiple plots going on at once, so I'm having a little trouble!

I'll post it on the Writer's Workshop once I have something more concrete, and my homework's done. >.>

You describe the city as being mountainous, as I would call it Everest and then add the latin number for each level (i.e. Everest Nulla, Everest Una, etc.).

What name did you actually go for then?

Quote Originally Posted by columbo1977 View Post
    What name did you actually go for then?
    Aureopolis, I liked the name and it doesn't spell "steampunk setting" when you say it out loud. It kind of sounds a bit like an utopia, as it resembles the world Aurora, so all the better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast