Waking Up Gilligan is finally complete!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waking Up Gilligan is finally complete!

Waking Up Gilligan is finally complete!

Yes, it's true.

After endless hours of seething inspiration and screwing around with formatting, Waking up Gilligan is complete and has been published as an ebook at Smashwords - Ebooks from independent authors and publishers and at amazon's kindle store. Chris Miller has written a review which Baron has very kindly posted here: http://http://www.writingforums.com/...k-reviews.html

The opening chunk can be had for free and the balance costs $9.99.

Here is a descriptive blurb for the back cover of the hard copy, which will come into being once I figure out the formatting for Create Space:

Swami Satyam Gilligan is an idealistic Canadian slacker looking for sex and Enlightenment in the Divine Bhagwan's Oregon commune in the early eighties. Instead, he finds himself in the fight of his life against the ruthless bitches who run the place. He also finds a love beyond his wildest dreams, a love that is threatened by the bitches and by fanatical rednecks who want nothing less than the death of the Master and the destruction of the 'red peoples' commune. Gilligan discovers that slacking doesn't cut it in the quest for Enlightenment: crucial choices must be made, and he is the only one who can make them.

Many thanks to any number of WF'ers whose feedback and encouragement has contributed to creating WUG over the years. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can hang out on the boards a little more and develop some new work while enjoying the work of others.

cheers

J.R.
    "I just adore Canadian boys," she says.
    "All of them?" His nervousness is now mixed with excitement.
    "No, just the sweet ones."

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Congratulations J.R.! Wishing you much success!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, JR! I have to admit, I'm very intrigued after reading that blurb. Best of luck in your future career with this book and any others that will surely be published!
    If a lion could speak, we could not understand him - ​Ludwig Wittgenstein

Thanks Gumby and Nick. Likewise with the best wishes. It is very exciting and I do feel I've created something that's alive. Which makes me think of Gene Wilder shouting "It's alive!" in Young Frankenstein. Guess time will tell if this is a monster or a mouse!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Congratulations! Are you going to take a break before starting another book, or are you already working on something else?

(P.S. The link to the review doesn't work, at least not for me.)
    I am a man
    who stands against the mountain
    and thinks of pebbles

Blog Entries
    Here's a link that'll work
    http://www.writingforums.com/content...-r-mclean.html

Congratulations, JR! I long for the day I feel what you're feeling, and envy the commitment and persistence it took to get there.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better." - A. J. Liebling

Good news for you and the community, J.R. Next round's on you. See you down the local.
    El día ha sido bueno. La noche será larga.

HT: Thanks, I am so not good at this linkage stuff.

I'm going to work on an audiobook of WUG starting tomorrow, then my thinking is a book of short stories and a novel set in Cuba maybe ten years from now. (and maybe coming out ten years from now, the way I work)

LAF: Thanks for the fix and I'm sure you'll get there. But they say marketing is the hardest part, and maybe they're right!

garza: On me absolutely, we'll do it at your favourite Belize watering hole, in January. I like your signature tag btw.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Congrats, buddy. The chapters I've read are very well written -- very readable. The longer it takes me, the more I appreciate what an accomplishment it is just finishing a novel, so good for you. And good luck with sales.

Thanks JB. I'm proud of what I've done. The process was a compelling (and compulsive) mixture of the arduous and the enjoyable. I do think a lot of the enjoyment shines through in the finished product, making it fun to read. I'm going to enter it in a few competitions and put it to the test. See if it can, as Lulu once suggested, 'find its place in the world'.

cheers
    J.R.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast