My first proper drawing using a tablet :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first proper drawing using a tablet :)

My first proper drawing using a tablet :)

Okay soo I made this using the tablet and corped it using photo bucket. Dosen't look great but it is hard to draw using the tablet .

Last edited by Custard; May 5th, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
    I love my cat! Isnt she cute? Hidden Content

Yep, using a tablet is indeed hard, but doesn't look half bad for a first sketch.
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

I think you've done a marvelous job for such a difficult medium. A great first effort. I've been struggling to make pictures with Paint for a children's book, not easy.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Thanks Fuhrer and Gumby!

Actually now, about ten things are crossing the top of my head on what to do next. I will try and add tones too (I don't like color).
    Last edited by Custard; May 8th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

Definitely not bad for a first go with a tablet. I like the clawed hand and hope you'll develop this further because it's a cool image. Good luck with colouring.

I recently got a tablet and have been practising but I'm terrified of going near colour with it. Getting the lines to work is daunting enough. Though, practice makes perfect and all that.

By the way, not sure if this will help, but I'm teaching myself control of the pen by covering pages in straight lines. Top to bottom, left to right, diagonal, all sorts. I learned that trick in school for control of pencils and it does seem to help with the tablet and pen too. Might be worthwhile spending a few sessions doing that and seeing how your line work looks afterwards.

Reconditioned it a bit. Started doing everything by the tablet in the pc so that my hand eye co-or improves.

Wonderful!
    Kenny A. Chaffin
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content
    "Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Now, we're talking. This is good, real good.

I have a very small issue with the shadows on the pants, though. Why use the airbrush tool? The original concept looked better.
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

Yea actually I was on the same layer as the pants, couldn't erase the pants as well and it was getting late so I didn't want to draw the pants again. Thanks guys! ^_^

Good stuff. I like how this is turning out. The hand is coming along really well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast