Yarn Rules - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yarn Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsworth View Post
    My wife knits, and being Scottish, always pulls down any unfinished knitting on December 31st. The only knitting I do is that of my fevered brow...

YES! With your brow! brilliant! lol

my mom taught me to knit and crochet, taught myself embroidery,sewing painting and lots of other things (Like pool <3) last thing i tried knitting was a scarf for my neice for christmas and that was almost 8 Christmases ago lol >.< i recently been doing alot of crochet ever since making a hackysack. right now im making an amineko cat and im planning what yarn i want to snag from my ma's stash to play with . (Shes been yelling at me alot lately to write more and clean up the house instead of watching netflix and crocheting. ;D) and now im browsing forums....
    aw well cant help it if your not inspired to write, but crocheting helps me write so its win win!
    (Forgive the tangent)

I taught myself to knit just this january, and have done three scarves, a strange-looking corset and one fingerless glove (not started the second one yet due to exams).
    My third scarf was my first attempt at lacy patterns and went brilliantly.
    As for crochet, I only own one hook and I use it to make flowers for my projects!
    Despite my semi-haitus in knitting right now, the stash has grown considerably, by which I mean I didn't even have a stash and have now filled up a boxful of yarn. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    Yes! The yarn stash. I discovered this phenomenon when I stumbled into a Fibers class in college (I needed to fill out my schedule and was going to drop it, got interested and never did). I ended up buying almost $150 of mill ends. I lost the box when we moved.

Incidentally, I have no discernible talent for knitting. Weaving or crochet seem to be the extent of what I can do.
    I actually did manage to learn cast on, knit stitch and purl stitch, but put the needles aside when I developed a sore left elbow. Crochet doesn't seem to give me that problem. (My needles and practice yarn are currently packed in a box as I prepare to make a short-distance move; I might give it another try when I'm settled and I'll have seating/lighting possibly more conducive to knitting.)

My main issue with crochet is that I have CADD -- Crochet Attention Deficit Disorder; I have so many projects underway that I'm not sure which one to finish first, and others that I really need to get started and finished soon. I was hoping to make a simple shawl to wear to a nephew's wedding in mid August, and I have the yarn and the hook but haven't started it yet. I should also be sorting through my stash and getting rid of any yarn I'm not going to be using in the relatively immediate future but I have trouble letting go of anything. (A pack rat married to another pack rat is a dangerous combination; we've got 10 years worth of detritus to sort through so we're not just moving it from Point A to Point Z.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123