Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

12-15-06 | Scores (1 Viewer)

Swift84

I guess writing an unconventional snow story gets me a zero because it ruffled the judge's moral conscience. How cute.

Thanks to the four judges who aren't idiots.

S

silverwriter

Though I can't lock this thread, I would appreciate it if no one posted on the matter anymore. While it's okay to talk about the scores, it is in no way right to insult any judges who took the time on a volunteer basis to read your work.

Thank you.

rboy27

Personally Swift, I liked your story. You have to admit though, it was a little over the top and gross, especially saying that people would eat "the white stuff". I don't think a zero was called for at all. It's really more satirical than anything. In fact, yours was the mosy unique because pretty much everyone else wrote about the myth being told in the future, but yours was actually in the past. I love the idea of a dirty old grandfather telling such a sick and twisted representation of where snow comes from.

It was certainly edgy, not groundbreakingly so, but edgy none the less. A lot of people wouldn't find a piece such as yours worthy of publishable, serious literature, but that's the same in every art form, be it painting, music, or otherwise.

Edit: Sorry silverwriter, I was typing the above message the same time you posted. I'll shut up now.

Kane

I was compelled to come read the story because of the debate thread. You gave the guy a 0 because the content of his story offended you. As a writer, I think that's more disgusting than anything he could have written. Because you gave him a 0 based on obvious bias, it makes me wonder as to the validity of the other scores given.

S

silverwriter

Please take any comments into the debate thread started on the subject.