Rose - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rose

I liked this story very much and your style is very compelling. You mentioned about it being factually wrong. From the names and storyline, I assume it is in an Arab/Muslim setting? I have lived in three Arab countries, one Levantine and two GCC. There are a few little things which culturally would not be an everyday/common occurrence, for example:

“Ah, my beautiful wife. Come to me.” Rashid grinned as he took her into his arms. “More beautiful than any rose do you not think, Ali?”. Although it goes against the romance of the story, a husband wouldn't draw attention to his wife's beauty in public or to a non family member.

Also, don't forget when you are looking at future chapters, under Islam a man can have up to four wives, although legally not all countries permit it these days. Depends on your target market of course and the period this is set in.

Once I have got PM privileges, please feel free to ask me any other research questions.

Great story! I liked the ending. Your writing style is beautiful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12