Webcomic Character Studies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webcomic Character Studies

Webcomic Character Studies

Been working on a webcomic for a while and thought I would post a few studies of the main character, show the progression of my ideas.

All comments welcome, and cheers in advance for looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Angel.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	1808

Name:	The Angel II Traditional (565x800).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	1810

Name:	Panel Character Study (640x452).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	1811
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Angel II Traditional.jpg  

Oooh, I like those, Candra. Very nice and a lot of character feel to them.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Killer! If you need a fill in writer, and have a 'bible', I'd be more than happy to pitch in.

Hey, Candrah, I hadn't seen the third one down before...very nice. You've had my comments about these before just keep up the good work!
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Leyline, noted, and will keep you in mind for sure. This kind of art and writing thing is new to me so a talented writer to help lessen the pressure might be just the thing.

Foxee, thanks, and hopefully third time is lucky. I think I've finally got the character figured out, now all I need to do is make the art work...

Good illustrations. How long did they take you?
    "PS: don't take technical advice about cold fusion from someone who can't spell fuzhun."

Hidden Content

Wow, those are magnificent pictures!
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

Thanks, Fuhrer.

Quote Originally Posted by vangoghsear View Post
    Good illustrations. How long did they take you?
    And thanks, Vangogh... I need to shorten how I type your username. The complete version is exhausting. Van might work.

Anyway, each picture was different because of the medium, but the inked landscape probably took longest because I had to figure out all the perspective in the city along with the figure. I cant remember exactly but maybe a couple of hours all told for the line drawings and about six hours for the inked ones? I tend to start a picture and complete it in stages by working on other things inbetween so I can come back to it with a fresh outlook. It helps me see what needs fixing or isnt working.

Not sure if I just rambled there but I hope it makes sense and answers your question.

I was wondering if you'd let me borrow a digital copy of the painting? I would love to render that image, add some highlights, colors, effects. I hope you don't mind, but the pictures just ignited my creativity cells.
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

Hum, not sure about that, Fuhrer. I'm chuffed that my work has inspired you but I don't like the idea of others taking it and meddling with it. That said, I cant really stop people doing so because it's been posted on the internet, and thanks for asking because you could just have taken it. I dunno. Do what you want. But personally, I'd rather hear about how you were inspired to create an image of your own, and maybe see it posted in here for feedback?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast