A Couple of Dragons

Thread: A Couple of Dragons

A Couple of Dragons

I thought I might post a thread or two in here, maybe get some activity going.

This is a painting I worked on for about two years and finally finished about a month or so ago. Size is A1 (24x32") and I used acrylic paint on canvas board.

All comments welcome, and apologies for the poor quality photo. One day soon I'll upgrade my camera...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WF Dragon Expo Big (800x559).jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	1807
    Last edited by Candra H; March 28th, 2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: ech, forgot useful information

Blog Entries
    Hey, that looks beautiful, Candra. I love the depth you've created within one hue.

(And welcome back! *hugs* Nice to see you )
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better." - A. J. Liebling

Really love that one, C. Terrific sense of ferocity captured. I also love how the dragons match their surroundings, like animals who actually evolve in a certain environment.

Best,

-G.

Awesome just about covers it. Beautiful colors and detail.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

The amount of detail you put in this is amazing! I especially like the sky.

Not the full weyr then?
    I remember from writing discussions we were both into dragons, wish I could draw them like that.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Wow, lots of comments on this one. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Fox View Post
    Hey, that looks beautiful, Candra. I love the depth you've created within one hue.

(And welcome back! *hugs* Nice to see you )
    Hey, Miss Fox! It's nice to see you too. And thanks! The colours were something I struggled with because normally I'll work a few different tones into the dragons but didn't want to lose them in the background, so reduced the palette. That you think the depth is still there even in such a limted palette is very good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyline View Post
    Really love that one, C. Terrific sense of ferocity captured. I also love how the dragons match their surroundings, like animals who actually evolve in a certain environment.

Best,

-G.
    Thanks, G! It's good to hear the dragons look like they belong and evolved naturally in their world because I want them to be believable, even though dragons arent actually real. Well, not to everyone, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Not the full weyr then?
    I remember from writing discussions we were both into dragons, wish I could draw them like that.
    Ech, you got me, Olly. I had to google weyr. And nope, my beasties have nothing to do with humans, apart from bits of their anatomy, so those weyr things are something altogther different. Thanks for the kind words, and it's great to hear another dragon lover likes what I do, because we all have our own ideas about how they should look.

I'm currently working on anatomy sketches and ideas for my next painting so will try to post a work in progress thread at some point...

What medium are those? Nicely done.
    "PS: don't take technical advice about cold fusion from someone who can't spell fuzhun."

Hidden Content

Thanks, Vangoghsear. The painting was done using acrylics on canvas board and is A1 (24x32"). I actually forgot to put that in the op so thanks for reminding me about it. Will go back and edit forthwith.