Book cover opinions

Thread: Book cover opinions

Book cover opinions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Depths One Cover very small.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	1785

Hi guys, the book is written I'm looking for opinions on this first book cover draft I've created over the last few days.

Both positive and negitive comments welcome!

I like it as long as it is for an adult audience. Also I would suggest maybe making the people larger to fill up some of the empty space and the for either the title or author a little larger to differentiate better. Maybe even move one to the bottom. Very cool.

Likely one and attractive. You can move with that one.

It certainly catches the eye, which is an important job for a cover. The slightest overlap of the red feels just right to keep the contrast connected. This is a very good design.
    We are the Internets. You will be pwned. Resistance is LOL.

Nice artwork. Are you planning on self publishing this book or sending it to a conventional publisher? If you are sending it out make sure you check out their guidelines, some publishers do not want cover art sent with the initial package.

I'd be interested to see some of your other artwork, do you have a website?
    MJ Preston is an Author and Artist at Large who hails from Canada.
    He is the author of the novels: THE EQUINOX, ACADIA EVENT, HIGHWAYMAN Book One, and numerous short stories and articles.Hidden Content To learn more: visit: Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thank you for your positive comments Dreamworx95, kevinpeter, Multimastery and mgencleyn.

@ bysharonnelson fear not, this novel is most certainly aimed at an adult audience. Some of the themes and situations are definitely not for kids. Having said that, it's not yet another erotic novel either. It's a dark fantasy / supernatural thriller.

@ MJ Preston I'm planning to self publish. It may take years, if ever for a publishing house to pick me up. You're right they do all have their own procedures and guild-lines I need to abide by. Artwork isn't going to make a big difference, in fact it's more likely to harm my cause!

I'm sorry I'm not an artist, so I don't have an artist's website or any other artwork, other then that associated with my own specific projects.

I agree with bysharonnelson about the name/title change. Although, you could also put your name on one side and the title on the other...

As for the picture, I personally like the white side better. I think if you had that as your main image with a pool of red blood under his feet would be simple and straight to the point. You could even still have the half black/white in the background and outline part of the body on the black side with white so that it stands out better.

Good job regardless.

Sean

(removed due to lack of interest)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Depths One Cover very small.jpg  
    Last edited by dcforeman; March 18th, 2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: lack of interest