The Phoenix Project - Page 3

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Phoenix Project

Please refer to Post #136 on the final page for the prologue of the published novel.
    Last edited by powerskris; January 31st, 2013 at 11:53 PM.

PROLOGUE

My main problem with this is that he conversation becomes a blur. I forgot who was who and saying what. There is no proper introduction to the characters. I know this in only a prologue, but still, even if I never see these characters again I'd like to get to know them. I have no picture in my head of who they are or of what's going on. I think you need to put more description between the dialogue: some actions; display traits; express thoughts.

I wish I could say something more positive, but this hasn't drawn me in. It would need a lot of work. I suggest trying to slow the pace down a bit. If it's a novel, then you have the luxury of time.

Saying that, I see some potential for an interesting story to develop from this. A bit of hard work and patience and you could be heading in the right direction.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Please refer to Post #136 on the final page for the prologue of the published novel.
    Last edited by powerskris; January 31st, 2013 at 11:53 PM.

Chapter Two / Part Two

Last edited by powerskris; January 31st, 2013 at 11:54 PM.

Chapter Three / Part One

Last edited by powerskris; January 31st, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Brilliant Read.... Waiting for more...

Last edited by powerskris; January 31st, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Well, in that case, I most certainly do insist (If I twist any more, I'd "erase" its existence )

And Now ......The Rest of the Chapter

Last edited by powerskris; January 31st, 2013 at 11:56 PM.

Chapter Three / Part Two

Last edited by powerskris; January 31st, 2013 at 11:56 PM.