He was the sort of man ... - Page 55

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545474849505152535455

Thread: He was the sort of man ...

He was the sort of man who wondered why
    but couldn’t accept how.

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content

He was the sort of man who sorted his sort of Sourcier swag in solitude.
    I wrote some things, once...

"Fool Me Once" in Hidden Content
    "The Sommelier" in Hidden Content
    "The Degenerate" in Hidden Content

He was the sort of man who won at poker
    and loved crazy eights.

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content

He was the sort of man who would sing in the bath and speak in the vernacular.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

had to look up vernacular..words spoken by ordinary people......posh people seem to be having a good time of things again....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    had to look up vernacular..words spoken by ordinary people......posh people seem to be having a good time of things again....
    Oh, it isn't one of the rooms in an ancient Roman bathhouse then? There were so many with names I just can't remember.

By the way:
    While typing this I mistyped "con't" instead of "can't" and the spelling checker didn't complain. Apparently "con't" is a sometimes used abbreviation for "continued" that breaks the rules for apostrophes by putting one in the wrong place, not where letters have been omitted as is correct in abbreviations.

Further by the way:
    I just mistyped "abbriviations" instead of "abbreviations" and the spelling checker did notice that.

Oh heck!
    I just mistyped "Fyrther" instead of "Further" and "instaed" instead of "instead". This could go on forever.

Yep, I just ... You don't want to know though, do you?
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

He was the sort of man who believed the ancient myth about Roman vomitoria.

He was the sort of man who pursued things endlessly until his audience left.

edit:- vomitorium
    /ˌvɒmɪˈtɔːrɪəm/
    noun
    plural noun: vomitoria
    each of a series of entrance or exit passages in an ancient Roman amphitheatre or theatre.
    a place in which, according to popular misconception, the ancient Romans are supposed to have vomited during feasts to make room for more food.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

He was the kind of man who felt the law did not apply to him but was useful as a club to beat others up.

He was the sort of man who shaved with his own spit.

He was the sort of man who kept his vehicle running well past half a century, employing Frankensteinian method and rite.

He was the sort of man who could have been emperor, had he not been married to both Carol and his debts.

He was the sort of man who always switched it on and off before summoning IT.

He was the sort of man who would boil eggs in his socks while the office kettle was on for tea.