He was the sort of man ... - Page 53

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343454647484950515253545556575859606163 ... LastLast

Thread: He was the sort of man ...

HE is the sort of man who knows exactly which buttons to press to prompt an immediate reaction when I'm engrossed in my poetry
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

He was the sort of man who wore smart clothes and leather shoes with no socks.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

He was the sort of man who, having determined that a daily shower was excessive and not showering every other day was insufficient, showered on a three day schedule. On day one he showered in the evening, on day two he went without showering, and on day three he showered in the morning. He considered for some time which day he should designate as day one, whilst he recognised that once the cycle was established it really would not matter, it still seemed to bear significance t. Of course he could give the days any designation he wished; A, B, C would do; or he could designate the two showering days ‘Sword’ and ‘Omaha’ and the non-showering one ‘Desert storm’, but it seemed meet the first should be one, with two and three following in orderly succession. There was a temptation to begin with the day of the morning shower, but that would leave the last day an empty day of no shower, he could not finish the cycle on that note; no the empty day had to be in the middle with a shower each side balancing it. Accommodating that and making day one the morning shower would not work on practical terms. It would mean going almost three days without a shower by the time he reached the evening of day three; and then there would be two on top of one another. Mind, he might need twoA after three days. No, he had determined, one , two three, start with the evening; that was the sort of man he was.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

He was the kind of man who would gamble on luck,
    look you in eye and never back up,
    but I saw him crying like a little whipped pup,

because his poem got a bad critique...

He was the sort of man that generated small intakes of breath in women, and caused sphincters to overly tighten in men, when ever he entered a room. Some say even the Bogey Man avoided him when networking a room.
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

He was the sort of man who walked with a limp, not because there was anything wrong with him, but as an excuse to carry a heavy walking stick.
    Hidden Content

He is the sort of man who cleans an already clean whiteboard.

He was the sort of man who picks his toenails at the dinner table...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

He was the sort of man who could tie shoelaces with one hand.

He was the sort of man to always check that his safety was on, except when he didn't...