My Foray into Sculptures and Oil Paintings

Thread: My Foray into Sculptures and Oil Paintings

My Foray into Sculptures and Oil Paintings

After I retired, I went passionately into learning and doing visual arts. I went first into sculptures and then I changed to doing oil paintings.

Subsequently I got increasingly physically clumsy due to a long-term medical problem. I changed again to take up writing and publishing.

I would like to show some of my artworks. Unfortunately I cannot find an icon to show the images in my computer.

Instead, this is my art website. One Sun Art Studio
    Last edited by John S Cheung; February 12th, 2011 at 07:48 AM.

This is one of my paintings, called 'Middle East on Fire'.

Last edited by John S Cheung; February 12th, 2011 at 01:22 AM.

Those are very impressive paintings, John. You're very talented. Sorry to hear of your medical condition, to lose such an ability is a shame. Still, writing can be very challenging and a wonderful way to express your artistic nature. So glad you've shown us your wonderful artwork.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Thanks Gumby.

There is some similarity between my artwork and my writings. I go for reality and try to say something through them. Perhaps these have to do with my personality and with my background. My career was engineering before I retired. I changed from engineering as I cannot use it to express my feelings.
    'My Mind Flies All Over the Place'.

There is much truth in what you're saying. I do believe that is the case most times, John. Our personality comes through in our artwork as well as our writings.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

This is one of my big sculptures, called 'Man's Descent'.

'My Mind Flies All Over the Place'.

"Man's Descent" is beautiful. Such a serene creation. My hat off to you, sir.
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

Hi John, this has always been my favorite of your sculptures, along with "Caged".