My Vanity Self-Publishing

Thread: My Vanity Self-Publishing

My Vanity Self-Publishing

I wrote a small book about my childhood and early years and wanted to try publishing. As I don't think any publisher would be interested in my book, I decided to do vanity self-publishing. I had it typeset and printed locally and send it out to my relatives and friends.

Then I notice overseas mailing of printed books is not cheap. I still went ahead as a decision had already been made.

thanks for letting us know . . . ?
    Writing cleaner than he lives.

Thanks strangedaze.

Actually, with nobody to ask at that time, I wanted to gain publishing experience. Thus I printed and sent out these small books to friends rather than to sell.
    'My Mind Flies All Over the Place'.

If it should come up again, you could look into print on demand books a lot of times they will ship out for you and they tend to get better rates than we do from like UPS or FedEx. Also if e reader is a possibility you can publish through Smashwords and make coupons for your family and they can download them for free.

Last edited by NicholasJAmbrose; February 3rd, 2015 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks. I don't think print on demand services do the printing in or near Singapore which is where I come from.
    'My Mind Flies All Over the Place'.