Blogging/ web writing? - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blogging/ web writing?

I'm dumping all my fiction and poetry and some lesser bits of non-fiction onto a freebie website just for the fun of it. There's no danger of any sort. I'm neither a fictioner nor a poet, so none of it is material likely to be published.

Material that is marketable I do not post anywhere on the Internet.
    El día ha sido bueno. La noche será larga.

A blog can be very useful in acting as a platform to get a buzz going about you and what you write. I wouldn't put any parts of your book on there, but you can surely talk about how your story came to be, and all the drama you had to go through to get there. People like to be able to relate to a real person, and this will get them intersted in your book. Great form of marketing.

I remember reading about the book "Raving Fans" and how it originally started as a series of blog posts. There are other sources that recommend that you can use a blog to build an audience which you can then use to launch a product/book. A lot of this is discussed in the book "Content Inc".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12