Ode to a Dead Squirrel and the Nature of Man (Edit1) - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ode to a Dead Squirrel and the Nature of Man (Edit1)

I think it's a brilliant illustration of the contrast between animals and man. Doggies do what they do. We kill, even when we 'know' it's wrong. But, Gumby, we can also be compassionate. Did you even realize you showed that, too?(maybe you did) That's the part I see. Thank you.
    Last edited by Kevin; April 4th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Hi JR, thanks for reading and commenting here and thank you for the kind words regarding the rhyme and and style, I appreciate that.

As for this part:

It just comes across as propaganda which doesn't fit.
    My dogs don't kill or harm anything, they only seek to make friends with other creatures, because that is how I trained them to be. Don't blame society using some generalization without using some kind of evidence. It is like justifying slavery by saying they are all savages who would eat each other anyway.
    I do think those statements are a bit strong, as you say, but I do understand what you're saying. No need to apologize for you opinion, it is yours to have. It is after all, only my own musings and observations on life in general and my reaction to my own private feelings during the incident. Man is both good and bad of course and the last line is truly a generalization, you are correct.

Bloggs, thank you for the read. Squirrels are indeed a pest to many. Did you make much money on the venture?

Kevin, thank you for your comments and the read. You are always very kind to me, often more so than the work deserves. I am an animal lover and my poor husband has to suffer through my often maudlin reactions to animal incidents.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345