Prompts and word games chat - Page 5

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Prompts and word games chat

Some thing's happening, I posted that about the syllable count in the limerick thread after the line about Edward Lear; and it brought Ox here earlier.

Liked the one about the King's stutter.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    Lack of site maintenance is the problem, Olly. Someone should do something. Like send the boss a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Some thing's happening, I posted that about the syllable count in the limerick thread after the line about Edward Lear; and it brought Ox here earlier.

Liked the one about the King's stutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Backward OX View Post
    Lack of site maintenance is the problem, Olly. Someone should do something. Like send the boss a PM.

Okay, I'm pretty sure it was the "boss" who moved them all here, if you guys are serious about wondering how your posts ended up here. If not, and you're simply having fun, then ignore this post...it never happened.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

originally posted by Hawke

what would your ideal career be, if you couldn't be a writer?
    A professional assassin; I’d start by disposing of all owners/operators of websites who act like god.
    Last edited by The Backward OX; March 7th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Baron
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    From the website owners' survival manual:

Dealing with would-be assassins -

It's easy to see who gives these things some thought...

Baron
    It's easy to see who gives these things some thought...
    You certainly didn't give much thought to syllable count or rhythm - or where you posted your comment.

Of course that's a complete aside to the fact that you were posting the same line as the previous poster; in this case, me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Of course that's a complete aside to the fact that you were posting the same line as the previous poster; in this case, me.
    Of course that makes no allowance for the facts that certain people, when viewing comments about Earth's gyration, are inevitably reminded of the present westward movement towards Russia of the Earth's Magnetic North Pole, and that such people then go seeking through their mind for a word that's both indicative of the consequences of such movement and also rhymes with gyration, rather than just posting an off-the-cuff and low-brow comment about an irritable bovine.

Baron
    Of course that makes no allowance for the facts that certain people, when viewing comments about Earth's gyration, are inevitably reminded of the present westward movement towards Russia of the Earth's Magnetic North Pole, and that such people then go seeking through their mind for a word that's both indicative of the consequences of such movement and also rhymes with gyration, rather than just posting an off-the-cuff and low-brow comment about an irritable bovine.
    Well perhaps if you'd given a little more thought to it you could have applied a rhythm which fitted the limerick. *American accent* Just sayin'.

It would also appear that my line was quite prophetic.

I posted a first line and then thought "Aarrgh, what rhymes with Jurassic?" finally came up with this:-

Dinosaurs lived through the Jurassic
    Without the use of elastic
    To hold up the drawers
    Of those dinosaurs
    They used something much more basic

Not my best I know.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content