Can I omit with his in this sentence?

Thread: Can I omit with his in this sentence?

Can I omit with his in this sentence?

Staff raised, and ready to strike, Diotis looked with pity on Hector’s broken body.

There is much I don't understand about grammar, but I have a specific question, it has been on my mind for a while. I know at times it is OK to omit some repeated words in a sentence, and replace them with a coma, but is it OK to leave out "with his" in this situation?
    Sincerely,

Me

I'm not sure where exactly you left out "with his". What you've quoted looks fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mwd View Post
    I'm not sure where exactly you left out "with his". What you've quoted looks fine, though.
    Sorry, at the very beginning, before staff raised. Thanks!
    Sincerely,

Me

Ah, I see. Yeah, the way you've written it is fine IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
    There is much I don't understand about grammar, but I have a specific question, it has been on my mind for a while. I know at times it is OK to omit some repeated words in a sentence, and replace them with a coma, but is it OK to leave out "with his" in this situation?
    I'd prefer 'With his...' but it's okay without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch View Post
    Staff raised and ready to strike, Diotis looked with pity on Hector’s broken body.
    I think you need to remove the comma after "staff raised" - like above.
    Visit my web site,Hidden Content .