Software For Writers

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Software For Writers

Software For Writers

Do you use a program to aid in your writing?

I am thinking about getting Whitesmoke. Do any of you use Whitesmoke? Is it worth the cost?

__

My Current Read: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Never heard of Whitesmoke...

I've never had much use for writing programs in general, but why not use one of the many free programs out there?

Liquid Story Binder
    yWriter5
    etc.
    "A plot-driven story is anything with a plot." ~BS
    All lines are arbitrary; otherwise, we wouldn't have to draw them. ~Nicholas Vesiri

Hmm. Are they good?

My Current Read: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

I just use Word, or Wordpad, or actual pen and paper. Usually if I'm in the mood to get all fancy, I just buy a pretty notebook. Because the prettier the notebook, the better the story, am I right or am I right?

Like I said, I don't use writing software. But since they're free, what do you lose by downloading them and giving 'em a test drive?
    "A plot-driven story is anything with a plot." ~BS
    All lines are arbitrary; otherwise, we wouldn't have to draw them. ~Nicholas Vesiri

I don't use anything except for Microsoft Office Word 2007. It gets the job done. That or I use pencil and paper. I don't like to use Notepad because it's just not as organized to me.
    Hidden Content Currently writing: The Amazing Hou
    Current Problem: Confidence Hidden Content
    -------
    Hidden Content Currently reading: Tiger's Curse
    By: Colleen Houck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoke View Post
    Because the prettier the notebook, the better the story, am I right or am I right?
    I use Word for all of my main writing and do small snippets in notebooks, and I completely agree. Pretty notebooks make my snippets sound so much better >.<
    We'll fly
    together forever.
    Until I remember
    gravity.

I personally use grammar checker and it has given me amazing results so far.
    Last edited by H.Brown; May 7th, 2018 at 07:00 PM.

I tested white smoke. If you insist use the web version. But for some, the dealbreaker is that it doesn't work in Microsoft word which can have read out loud programs. I'd use it with caution since it didn't help me. Depending on what people say on the clarity of your writing as in diction, syntax, or any problem area. Don't rely upon it. Grammar problems don't check for diction or syntax. Nothing beats a human.

edit: I didn't notice this was a very old thread.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

You realize you are replying to an 8 year old post, right?
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast