Wrong train

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrong train

Wrong train

Leaving my car in Herne Hill I went to Victoria to meet a friend, coming back I got on the wrong train and ended up in West Dulwich. walking round the corner to get a bus back I came across a man of about thirty lying on the pavement. Everyone was walking past and the half dozen or so people at the bus stop were taking no notice so I stopped and shook his shoulder. There was no response and he didn't smell of drink so I dialled 999 and asked for an ambulance. While I was waiting he had a brief spasm and then started banging his head against the pavement, I cushioned his head with my hands and he came round a bit and mumbled something about epilepsy, then kept repeating that I was 'a nice man, a very nice man'. The ambulance arrived very promptly, King's hospital is only across the way, and I left them to it, but I was glad I got on that wrong train, how do people live with themselves ignoring things like that?

Wow. First off, you are my unsung hero for the day. Second, it is a good thing you took the wrong train (I don't believe in accidents). Third, I have no idea how people can be so heartless, but it's out there every day. People can be cruel, which makes the souls like you just that much more blessed to have around.

The way I see it Red I had a little adventure, the rest of them missed out.

Quite right, and in the course of it, managed to save a life. Kudos to you.

Olly, that's fantastic! There needs to be more people like you and less like all those other people.

We had a recent case here where a guy died after he was stabbed rescuing a woman from a mugging and lay on the ground for hours dying while people walked by.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmt View Post
    Olly, that's fantastic! There needs to be more people like you and less like all those other people.

We had a recent case here where a guy died after he was stabbed rescuing a woman from a mugging and lay on the ground for hours dying while people walked by.
    I think I actually saw a video of that somewhere. You'd think it was impossible, and yet it happens probably a lot more often than we'd care to know.

Hurrah for you, Olly. You're my hero for the day
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Recently a guy got stabbed 8 times at a busy train station during peak morning time. The stabber got away because no one did anything.
    In my school you would've received The Good Samaritan Award for sure Olly. (We had those.)

Jeez, all these orange names and no regular ones? What happened to the community here?

Anyhow, that is a really amazing and good thing you did today. Not many people go out of their way to help a homeless man they see everyday on the streets. Kudos to you, olly.

Thank you Olly, from someone who's very good friend has and could easily again be in that same situation, needing a good person to help her.
    'The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you.'
    David Foster Wallace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast