Totally pointless posts - Page 1589

Thread: Totally pointless posts

In your heart, we all know Ellen is right.
    If we just start being kind to one another, maybe we can turn this around.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Now this I can agree with

It's here! Hidden Content

​List your top ten songs before December 15. The WF 100 will be posted December 31. Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Yes, being nice to each other. Hard stuff

Sent from my G using Tapatalk

In real life ,I don't talk much to people I don't know hello everyone ! This feels great !

Sent from my G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by su.mail001 View Post
    In real life ,I don't talk much to people I don't know hello everyone ! This feels great !
    Hello to you too, and welcome to the forum. Posts in 'Procrastination' won't add to your post count, and things change a bit as it goes up. Writing discussion is a good place to interact with people and build the count, or make some comments on people's work. See you around.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

With regards to leadership, there have been endless articles, notes, books, and essays written about it. Boiled down, it comes to this: Be kind. Be honest. Be fair. Don't procrastinate. Be the kind of leader you wanted when you weren't in a position of leadership.
    Her: (trying to be profound) If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
    Me: (Hungover and really not in the mood) The only tool I have is a screwdriver, so every problem looks like I can solve it by screwing.
    Her: ....

This morning my angel asked me to help her decant semolina from a damaged bag into a new one. While we were doing this it being Sunday I sang an excerpt from the Semolina Chorus. My angel has never heard this masterpiece before and sincerely hopes never to do so again. Evidently a Pythonesque mentality isn't to everyone's taste. However, for my recent seventy-fifth birthday she gave me a greetings card which read "You're weird. Don't change," which very much reflects our long-standing relationship.

If you marry someone much like yourself then there is a risk that eventually you won't even notice that they are there, but if you marry someone who often mildly irritates you then you will always notice and indeed appreciate their company.

My apologies to any music lovers who now cannot get the Semolina Chorus out of their heads. Ah, the power that we writers wield.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Since I brew a lot, I've been looking into making Vegemite or Marmite with my excess yeast. My wife already has canning jars, salt and pectin. But it looks like I need to invest in some kind of centrifuge to separate the dead yeast cells.
    Too bad the Iranians are back to using theirs. I'd make 'em an offer. Maybe some rubber patch kits for their "navy" boats?

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

I altered the game files for Rome: Total War and Medieval II: Total War​ to unlock all the factions.

This morning I realised that there is something fundamental about scientific stuff like relativity and quantum mechanics that I don't comprehend. Actually there is very little that I do comprehend about it, but if I have a problem with a basic concept then I can't even get off the ground, if "the ground" is itself a meaningful concept in either of those disciplines, which it probably isn't. My problem is that so much seems to relate to an entity called "an observer", which people might assume to be a person, but actually science has a lot of trouble with the idea that people are somehow inextricably connected with its principles. My problem is naively simple though. If there is such a thing as "an observer" then it must perform some function, observation presumably. In that case something relevant must happen within it. What I don't understand is what laws and theories apply to what happens inside an observer. If such things as classical physics, relativity and quantum mechanics equally apply inside the observer then there needs to be another observer inside it on a smaller scale and the problem hasn't actually gone away.

I suppose this problem manifested itself in my mind because physicalists consider even the mind to be just a manifestation of the brain's physical activity and paradoxically therefore must believe that ultimately there is no such thing as an observer, which seems to invalidate all the physical laws that depend on analogies involving one for their explanation.

I can understand why one theory involves the human psyche, the soul so to speak, residing within the zero-dimensional domain within which the big bang created the universe with its space and time dimensions.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.