Totally pointless posts - Page 1585

Thread: Totally pointless posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    "Twilight" wasn't bad, as a book series. By far, her novel, "The Host," was far, far better.
    If you think it's decent, I might give it a shot.

I just had a cup of tea and will be sitting down to read The Wild Boys by William S. Burroughs. I've gone through Ginsberg and Kerouac. Burroughs is next and then Cassidy.

Well, I can't speak for "Twilight," but, "The Host," was damn good.
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

Yeah, I mean The Host.

I won't touch Twilight. I read the last paragraph of one of those novels and the writing was, near verbatim: "...and then a vampire jumped out." XD

Jeffery Epstein, FOB, dead. Prematurely. Under questionable circumstances. Rest in Hell, you dirty child buggar.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

If you were to get a slug drunk, attach speaker wires (remember those?) to it, and have it slither along a vibrating surface covered with marijuana resin, it would sound exactly like Black Sabbath.

Yesterday while we were out driving we encountered a road sign that read "No lane markings" closely followed by another that read "Stay in lane". Uh?
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Yesterday while we were out driving we encountered a road sign that read "No lane markings" closely followed by another that read "Stay in lane". Uh?
    Reminds me of the ones on a mountain road in Ireland that said 'Slow' several times on bends , then one that said 'Slower'; as the missus said 'How did they know?'.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I know that I don't write very well, but my reading and comprehension are keen. Especially regarding current events.
    This market is ready to tank. All the indicators are pointing down. The "experts" predict by next year we'll be in a recession. I'm thinking sooner.
    Don't fall into that silly "What can I do anyway?" trap. Save some cash, buy some spare food. Move your stocks (IRA / 410k) into lower risk bond and cash accounts. Now.
    And now is NOT the time to incur new debt, and / or change jobs. Low man gets kicked first.

Remember, it's only pointless if you stick your head in the sand and do nothing.

I sometimes (not often, but sometimes) wonder if people question why I'm here. I hardly participate in any WF challenges, and quite frankly I don't take my writing too seriously. Sure, I'd like to get better. But getting better is work.
    My plate is pretty full, and I don't commit to things on the fly. When I have time to turn my droll spewings into crafted goodness, I shall. Until then, I apologize in advance if the quality of my writing brings the overall level down.

But I am a writer, so I'm gonna write. And to those of you that take this stuff super-seriously, no disrespect at all. Nothing but love here.
    (And you're welcome for my lack of skills making y'all look better)

It's okay Winston, you don't need to have a point to be here; well not in this thread anyway
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content