Totally pointless posts - Page 1577

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: Totally pointless posts

archetype greta acceleration

Valedictorian Delivers Rhyming Address at King's Encaenia, >8mins
    that's HALIFAX...Canada...North America...everynow
    poem->application
    reframe: the question(s)
    navigate, explore, nonlinear
    "we will not let you down"

Pnumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanocondiosis is still my favorite word.

Today we received information about our September holiday in Scotland. This included details of the facilities provided by each place where we will be staying overnight. One such is the night sleeper train going there and back. Disappointingly for my angel this is stated not to have a swimming pool, but disappointingly for me it also doesn't have a lift. How will I get into the top bunk without a lift?
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

The Scottish are ever so hospitable. I'm sure if you stand at the front desk, slap the counter, adopt a really annoying American accent, and complain loudly enough, they'll do whatever you want. (Up to installing a lift, and quickly digging a swimming pool for you)
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

poet laureate joy harjo

-not for everyone-
    fate of native children may hinge on u.s. adoption case

can/ref06032019

We heard a totally pointless criticism of the Kent Fire and Rescue Service mentioned on TV recently. The official assessment of the service is that it meets all requirements except one, ethnic diversity. Well, you can only work with what you've got and as Kent hardly has the cheapest cost of living in Britain there aren't many people in ethnic minorities here. Those who are hold well-paid jobs in order to afford to live here, so that service probably doesn't get many applicants for jobs from them. With such services it is presumably an advantage if the staff live reasonably close to their workplace.

If you are wondering why the living costs are expensive, maybe it's simply because by train one can get to London in around an hour, Brussels in around two and Paris in little more than two. The climate is better than other parts of Britain as well. Social factors can't change things like that.

I seems to me that human society's self-assessment just gets weirder year on year.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Human beings seem to just get weirder (and dumber) every year.
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

Some one reminded me of this thread
    https://www.writingforums.com/thread...light=homonyms
    Of course it ran out of steam, there is only so far the subject can go, but it makes a fun read, and potentially a useful one for a lot of people, but that is straying from the pointless
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

The recent unrest in the Persian Gulf is directly related to the manipulation of date futures, specifically, the prices of Shahani and Zahedi export varieties.
    Global speculators have artificially inflated the price of all dried fruits, including raisins and apricots. But, due to the high profit margin in dates, the stakes and tensions are high.
    Expect escalation in false-flag operations to further fan the flames and possibly explode into a world-wide panic.

Everyone should do their patriotic duty. Ration you date consumption. Switch to locally grown alternatives such as figs. Plant a date tree in your back yard today.
    Show the mullahs your moxie. Be date smart. For your country. For freedom.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

My sense of humor tends to verge on the dark and macabre. And sarcastic.