Totally pointless posts - Page 1563

Page 1563 of 1563 FirstFirst ... 10631363146315131553155515561557155815591560156115621563
Results 15,621 to 15,630 of 15630
    I am looking for some creative out-put today

What do i need to get things in motion

Reading a good book

Writing something that will help me

Creating ideas

Spending time to relax

Writing and expressing ideas

Walking across the fields

Taking in the fresh air
    Last edited by Plasticweld; January 6th, 2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: OP is stupid

Yesterday was the first time I both bottled and cooked two batches of homebrew.

The stuff I bottled was a honey-grape mead that I started a few weeks ago. The wine yeast I used this time produced a fruiter, less crisp flavor. I took the time to hand-crush some green grapes into it, but I had to remove the grape mash after only a day or so. The yeast were metabolizing all the grape sugar so quickly, it was getting too dry. What went into the bottles this time seemed like a well balanced product.

The batch I brewed yesterday was a medium body lager. I substituted one of the standard hops for one with a more floral aroma. Same PH (acidity), different flavor. I've done this enough, so I can close my eyes and smell each hop bag, and tell the difference. Bottling is on the calendar for two weeks from now. That cliché about something being "more art than science"? I hate recipes. I love exploring and creating. Yeah, I've brewed up some flops. But even my less palatable brews were better than the conformist swill from the grocery store.

While both batches are very different, they have similar fermentation profiles. Specifically, they take a long time to age to maturity. And the lager yeast needs cold temps. So, I kinda rushed these so they'd be ready when my last batch runs dry. Folks, you don't know the temptation to grab a bottle from storage just to "try one". Discipline.
    For those of you old enough to remember, I am not Paul Masson.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Quote Originally Posted by Denz01 View Post
    I am looking for some creative out-put today

What do i need to get things in motion

Reading a good book

Writing something that will help me

Creating ideas

Spending time to relax

Writing and expressing ideas

Walking across the fields

Taking in the fresh air
    I can't remember which famous author it was, but when asked how to start writing he replied, 'First place bum on seat'.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I wanna go back in a Time Machine, to 1958. And I wanna tell folks that in 2019, it'll cost the equivalent of three Mickey Mouse watches to get into Disneyland.
    Of course, they'd probably just think I was a crazy Communist, and shoot me up full of Thorazine. But it would still be fun...
    "It's a small world, after all, it's a small world after all..."

They are not going to make shortbread any longer.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    They are not going to make shortbread any longer.
    Who? A worldwide ban?
    You know, if shortbread is outlawed, only outlaws will own shortbread.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Who? A worldwide ban?
    You know, if shortbread is outlawed, only outlaws will own shortbread.
    They are not going to make it any longer, it is staying short. Come in spinner.
    Hidden Content

A retired Major Leauge Baseball pitcher was charged with child molestation today. I knew the guy.
    He went to my high school for a semester before transferring to that fancy private school. The guy was a jerk. Total jock / preppy I'm Better Than You attitude. Fake as a three dollar bill, with the depth of a tidal pool.
    I never really said anything bad about him before. I suppose maybe part of me wanted to believe that he really wasn't so bad.
    I wish my 13 year old Freshman self could see the two of us now, the disgraced jock and me. My life is pretty okay. His is probably over. I'm not gloating, but I do have a fresh appreciation for irony and Karma.

Blog Entries
    yes, Karma is a bitch when she wants to be.
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Fake as a three dollar bill, with the depth of a tidal pool.
    Love it, back in the days when we had ten shilling and one pound notes we would say 'Bent as a nine bob note' about people like him, (nine bob equals nine shillings). There is a bit of me always feels sorry for them though, their entire experience must be twisted a bit, and there is something wonderful about reality.
    Hidden Content