Totally pointless posts - Page 1164

Thread: Totally pointless posts

I love wearing lacy undergarments. They make me feel pretty.

I have difficulty not appreciating a good concrete job and being very wary of bad ones thanks to the time I spent in concrete supply. I also feel really sad when I see garbage at the side of the road because someone was lazy or didn't want to pay dump fees.

I used to, Poet, before the quarterly Victoria's Secret inventories. Still have nightmares about those.
    If you're not sure how to take something I say, keep in mind that Bob Ross is my spirit animal. Hidden Content .

“The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.”
    Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Don't tell me you used to work for RGIS. I suffered through some of those Victoria Secrets inventories too
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I do understand inventory, as Purchasing Manager for my last job I was in charge of daily and end -of-year also. Inventory day was always interesting and frustrating and I spent my day rushing from computer to warehouse making sure we were accurate. Electrical supplies from batteries to streetlights, our customers were major utilities. They fed us well, though. They'd order in a big spread of fried catfish, slaw, fries and fixin's.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    Don't tell me you used to work for RGIS. I suffered through some of those Victoria Secrets inventories too
    A kindred spirit! Two and a half years, two of those as a team leader.

Those blind count events, man.

We seldom got fed, though. Bastards.
    If you're not sure how to take something I say, keep in mind that Bob Ross is my spirit animal. Hidden Content .

“The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.”
    Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

About seven years for me including a year on the traveling Walmart team. I was doing Walmarts in New York the year before 9/11. At least they fed us

It wasn't too bad overall until Blackstone took them (RGIS) over. I think that's what drove me out in the end.

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Yes, it's a small world, back in the mid seventies, trying to get by working any extra jobs I could get, I did some weekend work for RGIS. The grocery stores weren't bad, but in one department store we went twenty-seven hours straight. Another store was in a bad section of Boston, where you didn't want to drive or wear anything worth taking.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

The department stores were the worst, especially if they weren't prepped. We'd come in with a hundred people and ten actually did the work. It must have really been Hell for you, Lee. At least we had the machines by the time I got there.

Quote Originally Posted by amsawtell View Post
    I love wearing lacy undergarments. They make me feel pretty.
    I like it when you wear them too. (giggity)
    “On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed all the prices of ale. And on her behind, for the sake of the blind, was the same only written in braille"

"Ambiguity is one of the greatest faults in a craft. It comes from vague ambitions. One may inspired by good ambitions, but the immediate concern of the craftsman is to know what he is capable of doing at present; and to do it."
    - Edward Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    The department stores were the worst, especially if they weren't prepped. We'd come in with a hundred people and ten actually did the work. It must have really been Hell for you, Lee. At least we had the machines by the time I got there.
    That particular department store had these three or four foot diameter clear plastic bowels in which various unpackaged items were contained. I remember one young person trying to count loose panties in such, fell asleep.

I preferred outdoor work, but there's little of that evenings and weekends. Some jobs had good benefits though. Further back when in school, I washed dishes at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. It's amazing how wasteful the upper-crust is, but my dog at the time lived high on the hog with all the steak I brought home for him.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.