Musicians Central

Page 1 of 36 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Musicians Central

Musicians Central

Leave a link here...to a tune or your music page (if it isn't in your sig).
    Here are a couple of mine that are writing-related:
    Dandelion Wine
    Killer in the Rain
    And one spoken-word collaboration with poet Emily Carmen: Drowning

Let us hear you!
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

well here are some recordings from a number of years ago, some of you have already heard these but i am working on new ones... i know ive been saying that for weeks but i swear it's true!

JAR on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

all of those songs were recorded with a simple multi effects processor plugged directly into the Line In feed on my motherboard at the time, and edited/mixed with a free demo of a sequencing program.

im not overly proud of those songs anymore cus i made them so long ago i feel i can do better now, but in the spirit of sharing, take a listen!

just listend to Dandelion Wine, when the electric drums busted in it made me smile.

interesting little guitar melody you got goin there, especially when the synth leads came in over top it.

boy.. sounds like something straight out of the 70's haha

EDIT : killer in the rain is a neat little jazzy song... awesome title by the way. reminds me of the doors for some reason.

Thanks...I started out in the 70s and that doesn't go away *laughs* no matter how much midi cheese I melt on top.
    Riders on the Storm has that same rain/thunder sequence-the title is from Raymond Chandler.
    Hidden Content
    "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." - Groucho Marx

This might be a great topic to ask.

What music do you like to listen to when you write?
    Hidden Content , a blog by a nut.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    This might be a great topic to ask.

What music do you like to listen to when you write?
    it's a good question, but not really in the vein of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
    it's a good question, but not really in the vein of this thread...
    fair enough.
    Hidden Content , a blog by a nut.Hidden Content

Moderan, nice keyboard work and melodies! I enjoyed both those tunes.

Sigg, I'm impressed. Nice playing and really nice tunes!

Quote Originally Posted by JosephB View Post
    Moderan, nice keyboard work and melodies! I enjoyed both those tunes.

Sigg, I'm impressed. Nice playing and really nice tunes!
    thanks, back then i seemed to be less uptight about what was good or not. the way i recorded those songs was just record a few rhythm parts by playing them some arbitrary number of times without a metronome or anything and then play leads which were essentially improv/jamming on top. then mix stuff together to make it sound halfway presentable.

now it seems like it's holding me back, trying to add beats and all that. ive started and not finished half a dozen songs in the last few weeks.

I couldn't resit. I've posted what I'm fairly happy with already. But I have other stuff.

Here's a song I recorded with the guy I hope will be a permanent drummer. We recorded a few songs, but for some reason I can't fathom at this point, I didn't haul my amps or effects to the guys house and instead played through a Line 6 pod right into the sound card. I thought I liked it at the time, but now I hate the guitar tone! Too bad, 'cause I like the song. And the high harmony is too loud also. Oh well.

http://76.12.0.196/oh_hannah.mp3

now it seems like it's holding me back, trying to add beats and all that. ive started and not finished half a dozen songs in the last few weeks.
    I did this for years! It was only when I started playing with other people that I was able to start writing whole songs and recording them.
    Last edited by JosephB; November 16th, 2009 at 03:20 PM.

Page 1 of 36 12345678911 ... LastLast