What kind of music inspires your writing?

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of music inspires your writing?

What kind of music inspires your writing?

Whoops, I put this in the wrong place...

Interesting topic. Hope it won't be a problem if I post in it before it inevitably gets moved.

I listen to a number of things when I write, but the requirement is that it has to remind me of life, either lyrically or musically. A lot of the songs I listen to with lyrics when I write deal with the passage of time, if I had to pick a theme.

When writing, I listen to a lot of underground rap, ambient music, and above all, Animal Collective. Holy god, do I listen to a lot of Animal Collective when I write. Which...probably makes me a pretentious hipster or something.

Haha, it's okay, I'm a bit of a hippie. I'm pretty sure if I lived during the 70's, I would have been one. The Cranberries is probably my favorite band, and their music is very hippster-ish.

xxxcyanide
    I listen to heavy metal to be honest lol

Smacking her head on her keyboard, trying desperately to write something worth while.
    Classical esspecialy the song March Slave. An amazing peice of music. It gave me a great idea and every time I listen to it I build off of it.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    -Randy K. Milholland
    Hidden Content

Smacking her head on her keyboard, trying desperately to write something worth while.
    Oh yeah. I love his Requiem mass. It's my favorite piece by him. He was such a brilliant musician
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    -Randy K. Milholland
    Hidden Content

I don't care especially what kind of music, as long as it is melodic and not too loud. I use it more as background noise for when I am writing. I turn it up if I just want to listen, otherwise, it is low and used as ambient noise.
    Director: Hidden Content
    Editor: Hidden Content
    Publisher: Hidden Content
    Editor: Hidden Content

When I write I tend to listen to up beat music, like Avril Lavign and Greenday, dont know why but in a way it helps me relax

If you critique this, drop me a line with a link to the piece you want critiquing and I will do my best

Quote Originally Posted by xxxcyanide View Post
    I listen to heavy metal to be honest lol
    I listen to metal music too, but not when I’m writing, nor do I listen to death metal or music with cookie monster lyrics.

I noticed when I write I tend to listen to music without lyrics or mellow music. Some types of techno without lyrics. I tend to listen to Blues or bands like Pink Floyd most often when I write though.
    If any of my post offends you, please tell me why, I could use a good laugh. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast