Introduce Yourself - Page 8

Page 8 of 352 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161858108208 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

mazhongzhou
    My new book collection Inspiration: one long poem, 16 short novels and 16 short dramas, will soon be in the market this month in sweden. And you will see English version in the next month. My last collection Ponder with torture had been sold out.
    The God says:"we need sunlight." Then the world has a special mighty thing.

C.L.Knight

C.L Knight

Well, I'm getting the feeling I'm younger then most people on this website, which in my opinion is a good thing. Troubles and the general bad-end of life has forced me to a maturity I wish I didn't have, which sometimes makes me alienate myself from the youth of my own age. I prefer conversations that stay on subject rather then the form of dialogue that most teenagers seem to make, which flits around from subject to subject with seemingly no pattern at all.

I'm a writer, its more then what I do. Its who I am, as I'm sure its the same with most of you. My favorite writers are Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451 is my favorite) and Isaac Aasimov, though I generally prefer fantasy over science fiction. I like the type of novel that does more then just tell an pretty little story, but allows another look at humanity, or morality or philosophy.

My favorite part about writing is the world building. I like creating cultures, mythologies and traditions. And though in my mind I have great characters, my novels seem to lack interesting characters, something I hope to improve. I have always been more theme and plot based, but I hope to become better at creating interesting characters.

Emily5

New Here

Really not new. Kind of reincarnated. Logged out accidentely and permanently. Oh, no! Note my expression. Back in business.
    Last edited by Emily5; July 17th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

Mamachurchill
    I'm glad to have joined. Looking forward to some input on the plausibility of some of my story lines (lizard brain, collective memories, reincarnation etc). Looking forward to meeting some folks just joining the adventure of writing a novel as well.

Emily5
    Hey, Lanaer

Had the same problem. Somehow managed to accidently log out. So, here I am....brand new again. The writing bug will bite you again.

Emily5
    Psychoanalytical writer?! I can analyize a rock. Sometimes a problem. Looking forward to reading your work.

MorgAuthor

Howdy doody.

A big hello in search of a multitude of hello's from the all over the world. If nothing else lets create the worlds biggest ever literary echo. Otherwise allow me to tell you a lttle about myself as an aspiring writer. Currently working on a darkly humorous look at why I want to write and how I decide to go about it.

BookCat

Saying Hi

I'm new to this site. It's actually the first writing forum I've tried, so I'm a bit
    scared . I'm sure I'll get the hang of things.

Suppose I should say something about myself. I love cats and have seven in the house right now. Only three of them are mine, the others are rescues I'll have adopted.

I've been writing, on and off, for years. Never really got the hang of self-discipline though, so my efforts are a bit fragmented.

Enough about me for now. Hello everyone!

Varica

Hello!

Hello!!

I'm an unpublished writer, currently working on a novel. I'm here to talk to like minded people, get advice and help people out too. I have written some short stories, some of which I have entered into competitions recently (no feedback on them yet). I'm working on setting up a blog as a portfolio.

Thats about it so see you around!

Quote Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
    I'm new to this site. It's actually the first writing forum I've tried, so I'm a bit
    scared . I'm sure I'll get the hang of things.

Suppose I should say something about myself. I love cats and have seven in the house right now. Only three of them are mine, the others are rescues I'll have adopted.

I've been writing, on and off, for years. Never really got the hang of self-discipline though, so my efforts are a bit fragmented.

Enough about me for now. Hello everyone!

Hi and welcome to the forums Bookcat. No need to be scared. Most of us don't bite. Ox does, but he doesn't bite hard.
    Cyberspecter
    (Evil incarnate, devourer of souls....and pizza)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Bad Spellers of the World, Untie! -Tee shirt slogan.