Introduce Yourself - Page 4

Page 4 of 352 FirstFirst 1234567891011121454104204 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Brenna
    *waves* Hi! I've been writing for a while and think I've finally hit upon a novel idea that could actually work. I only hope it does!

Smacking her head on her keyboard, trying desperately to write something worth while.
    Good luck to you! And welcome to WF.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    -Randy K. Milholland
    Hidden Content

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Like a Fox View Post
    Come on Smartass, I expect more thorough research from you. I posted that comment, before I put up the piece of writing about Cashies. And Yes it is CashConverters.
    Yes I agree you did, but . . . there’s always a but....My response to your earlier post – the one where you said you worked for a pawnbroker - was posted after the date your Cashies story appeared, and consequently shouldn’t have evinced the response by you “Did I refer to this previously?”.

I might be old but I’m not silly. And given the choice I’ll take old any day.

Blog Entries
    Iím afraid you are old and silly my friend.

On 20/04 I said:
    Ė
    "Just our way of making sure you aren't a robot"? The proof is in the prose, yo.
    ....Sadly I actually am a Robot so I'm not sure that this post is proving anything.

Though when I'm not hanging with C3PO, R2D2 and other number-letter combos, I masquerade as a 23 year old Melbourne girl.....
    bla bla bla

Same day - 20/4 you said:
    You know those three balls that hang outside a pawnbroker's?

Q: Why is one of them lower than the other two?
    A: Because it's on a longer chain.
    Six days later - 26/4 I said:

I am utterly perplexed by this, which is why i said nothing to it.
    Maybe i am blindsighted because I work at a pawnbrokers, and we don't have three balls (have i alluded to that on here, because i don't think i have)
    (Perfectly vaild question because I hadn't written about Cashies yet...)

A month after the original post, on 21/5 you said.....
    You did write a story about working for a usurious money-lender. In my book, that's someone like Cash Converters, who are pawnbrokers.

I posted the Cashies thing on My 6th.... There is no justification for your actions Ox.

Careful who you be sarcastic with old man. I have a tendency for silliness, sure, but I'm a solicitor's daughter, and in such... must be right.. Always! And I'll find evidence to make me so, and twist it if needs be... which I didn't have to do here, thanks for that. Being wrong. Helped me out a lot.. Haha
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better." - A. J. Liebling

Careful who you be sarcastic with old man
    What!!!! Who you calling an old man? Oh, sorry. Continue with your rat killing.

Adrian
    So, we wait like Godot for chance to change our fate. Laughter is our only friend, apocalyptic possibility our only hope. Buenas suerte, mis amigos. Bill Whaley - Hidden Content

Anyway, it's "blindsided".

Ne ne ne, ne ne ne.

Blog Entries
    Haha. Grow up, both of you
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better." - A. J. Liebling

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Fox View Post
    Iím afraid you are old and silly my friend.

Careful who you be sarcastic with old man. I have a tendency for silliness, sure, but I'm a solicitor's daughter, and in such... must be right.. Always! And I'll find evidence to make me so, and twist it if needs be... which I didn't have to do here, thanks for that. Being wrong. Helped me out a lot.. Haha
    Ok, Miss Smartypants solicitorís daughter answer me this:

How did I know to ask the question about the three balls if the post about the pawnbrokers wasnít already there, hmmm?

I might be old but I get there eventually. Let's see you wriggle your way out of that one.

Blog Entries
    My best guess is that you live with a clairvoyant.

On the DAY I joined you made a joke about a pawnbrokers.
    (If you look at the way you word the joke, its not obvious that you know I work in one)

Unless you'd read my info and seen that I put occupation as Dodgey Loan Shark, and I don't flatter myself to think you took that much of an interest.... and even if you did "dodgey loan shark" doesn't directly lead to cashies... I really think it must be a coincidence.

Or else you are magic. Or you did stalk me straight off the bat because you were trying to impress me, so maybe I do flatter myself. Haha

There's my wriggling for the day.

minus196

Smile Hoping it's for real this time!

I'm a 36 year old working professional, and I've wanted to write a novel since I was in high school.

My first attempt was handwritten on ruled school paper and didn't get more than about 10 pages. Later on, I got very involved in a world-building exercise as a prelude to an epic fantasy story I wanted to write (and still want to write). I still have pages and pages of notes and back story for this one, but the sheer size of the task always psyched me out of putting down the first sentence of the story on paper.

Recently, I found myself inspired to write a completely different type of story - a love story with an SF twist. I'm 12,000 words into it, so hopefully this time, it's for real. In any case, I've come here to see what bits of wisdom and advice I can glean as I go through the process