Page 3 of 291 FirstFirst 12345678910111353103203 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

littlebittyladybug

Red face long time no see

it's been a while, but i hope to get back into writing. it was such a wonderful release...

butters
    hello, just tooling around on a sunday afternoon and ended up here. how nice.

Honoured/Sadly Missed The Backward OX's Avatar
    Up the Creek without a paddle, Queensland, Australia
    Can anyone explain why we suddenly need two separate places to Introdooce Yourself?
    Last edited by The Backward OX; May 21st, 2009 at 06:29 AM.

Did you read the first post in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Fox View Post
    I am utterly perplexed by this, which is why i said nothing to it.
    Maybe i am blindsighted because I work at a pawnbrokers, and we don't have three balls (have i alluded to that on here, because i don't think i have)

Or maybe I am just nowhere near as clever as I like to think. Little help? haha.
    You did write a story about working for a usurious money-lender. In my book, that's someone like Cash Converters, who are pawnbrokers.

Cheers.

Subsequent therapy helped me sort out the more annoying behavior at least to the extent people tolerate me now.
    Let me know how that works out, Roger. I may try it for myself. Meanwhile I sit here waiting for stories to be posted in the Workshop, my gut twisting in the wind. So, what’s holding you up? Old age?

I read the back of rat poison carton this morning. I’m running out of material.

Welcome

Adrian
    So, we wait like Godot for chance to change our fate. Laughter is our only friend, apocalyptic possibility our only hope. Buenas suerte, mis amigos. Bill Whaley - Taos Friction

Quote Originally Posted by adrianhayter View Post
    I read the back of rat poison carton this morning. Iím running out of material.
    When I was much younger I would occasionally read the fine print on toilet paper wrapping. I especially remember the health warning about the risk of lead poisoning from using newspaper for the job. *thinks - maybe there's a story there somewhere*

Quote Originally Posted by The Backward OX View Post
    You did write a story about working for a usurious money-lender. In my book, that's someone like Cash Converters, who are pawnbrokers.

Cheers.
    Come on Smartass, I expect more thorough research from you. I posted that comment, before I put up the piece of writing about Cashies. And Yes it is CashConverters.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better." - A. J. Liebling

Smacking her head on her keyboard, trying desperately to write something worth while.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Backward OX View Post
    When I was much younger I would occasionally read the fine print on toilet paper wrapping. I especially remember the health warning about the risk of lead poisoning from using newspaper for the job. *thinks - maybe there's a story there somewhere*
    Heehee. Oh OX you sure can make me giggle. Thanks for that.
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    -Randy K. Milholland
    http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ss/Rogue-1.gif