Introduce Yourself - Page 350

Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 150250300340342343344345346347348349350
Results 3,491 to 3,498 of 3498

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hi all. Joined this in a fit or Writers Block. I'm sure you all are awesome!

Hi everyone, introducing myself. A wannabe writer currently and future professional writer, hopefully! I write a lot for my job but most interested in pursuing a new career in fiction writing, particularly TV, film or radio. Looking forward to posting lots more on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Hi Everyone! I'm new. I have been enjoying this forum for the past week. Lot's of great opinions and things to read. I came across it when I was googling to figure out how to solve a writing problem. Why do I have a writing problem? Because I'm writing a novel.

A little about me: I am a CPA and have worked in finance for most of my career. I specialized in writing, and interpreting tax legislation. I used to love creative writing, but over the years I have let it slip away. Now that I'm semi-retired, it's time to get back to it. So here I am, half way finishing my first draft of a Historical Crime/Romance.

I look forward to many more great discussions!

Taylor
    Welcome, Taylor! What period is your novel going to be set in?

HJC

Quote Originally Posted by castlecreation View Post
    Hi all. Joined this in a fit or Writers Block. I'm sure you all are awesome!
    I hope we don't let you down, castlecreation! I find that coaxing yourself to write just a little every day can help to break through the dreaded WB. Fiction can be its own inspiration.

HJC

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabewriter View Post
    Hi everyone, introducing myself. A wannabe writer currently and future professional writer, hopefully! I write a lot for my job but most interested in pursuing a new career in fiction writing, particularly TV, film or radio. Looking forward to posting lots more on here.
    Hi there, Wannabewriter! Which genre do you like to write in?

HJC

Quote Originally Posted by Harper J. Cole View Post
    Welcome, Taylor! What period is your novel going to be set in?

HJC
    The story takes place in 1990. It is based on a combination of a number of real life crimes of the same nature that took place in the U.S. over a two year period. The plot covers the events that lead up to the crime, and the crime happens at the end. All of the characters are ficticious, but based on researching actual people and certain industries. Thanks for asking!
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unkown

Hi, just signed up. I decided to try writing recently. I've had an idea floating around in my head for some time so sat down and knocked something out quickly. I've not shown anyone, sometimes I read it and think it's rubbish, other times think it's not that bad. I'd love to post it in the forum to get some feedback from actual writers. How would I go about doing that? I could post the opening chapter which is about 3000 words, is that too long for a post?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosurrealism View Post
    Hi, just signed up. I decided to try writing recently. I've had an idea floating around in my head for some time so sat down and knocked something out quickly. I've not shown anyone, sometimes I read it and think it's rubbish, other times think it's not that bad. I'd love to post it in the forum to get some feedback from actual writers. How would I go about doing that? I could post the opening chapter which is about 3000 words, is that too long for a post?
    Welcome Post it in the fiction workshop, though you might need to make 10 non-thread-starting posts first (commenting on others' submissions is a good way to get through this). 3K words is fine.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

OK thanks for the feedback. I'll focus on commenting for a while first.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, and good luck with your first attempt. Move heaven and earth to finish it--drive yourself toward that goal. That's your first major milestone. Good luck!
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content