Introduce Yourself - Page 347

Page 347 of 352 FirstFirst ... 147247297337339340341342343344345346347348349350351352 LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3515

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone!
    I'm Hanmin, new here on the writer's forum. I am a very casual writer and sometimes have small snippets that I craft, but I never really have the motivation or the creativity to continue the bits that I put up. I am hoping to sharpen my skills a bit so I can actually write something worth reading, so I look forward to all your comments.... when I eventually have enough contribution to start posting my bits.

Hi All, my name is Erika and I love writing (of course). I'm working on a few different things at the moment while continuing my day job as a graphic designer. I'm here mainly for information but also to meet people and share the writing experience

Pleased to meet you Erika, have a look through 'Writing discussion' and 'Advanced writing discussion', you might find some information there Remember to chip in from time to time as you have to have ten posts to be able to post your own work in the workshops and get critique. It is a while since I joined and I am not sure how much remains hidden, but I think that when you have made those posts and progress to 'Member' more will open up to you. Welcome to the forum.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Hey, everyone!
    You can call me Zagreus, I'm an English student looking to find a good writing community to settle down in. I've been writing for almost all my life, and I'm finally looking to work on some longer project ideas. I'm looking forward to my time here!

Blog Entries
    Hello Zagreus, and welcome to the Writing Forums. Here we are a community of writers and readers that enjoy for many reasons the art of writing. In the forums you will find everything from Fiction to Fantasy, Poetry and None Fiction. It is required to get a number of posts before you are able to start a thread. The best way to achieve these posts are through commenting on threads open for new people to comment on them. Navigate through to the workshops, and read the pieces others have post. Leave comments and critiques, Please no one word comments they are not very helpful. Any way good luck and enjoy the forums. I hope to see your work soon.

Side note: Don't go looking for anything of mine, I have not post anything worth while in nearly three years. Thoughts come and go and some make the page, I just haven't chose to post.
    My friends and family call me Bill, you may also.Hidden Content

When people meet people,
    Potential Strangers, Acquaintances, Friends.

When dogs meet people,
    Potential Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers.

I would rather be the Dog.

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

A word without thought can destroy.
    Please remember to think before you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_certain_of_anything View Post
    Hello everyone. I just created an account here and trying to figure out what to do first. I've been writing ever since I was fifteen but in the process of becoming of an adult, my discipline has waned a little bit. Currently trying to get the motivation to type out a novel I've had rattling in my head for the last two years. Any advise or strong words to give me a verbal kick in the pants would be great. Thanks for letting me on board!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanmin View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Hanmin, new here on the writer's forum. I am a very casual writer and sometimes have small snippets that I craft, but I never really have the motivation or the creativity to continue the bits that I put up. I am hoping to sharpen my skills a bit so I can actually write something worth reading, so I look forward to all your comments.... when I eventually have enough contribution to start posting my bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by eballan View Post
    Hi All, my name is Erika and I love writing (of course). I'm working on a few different things at the moment while continuing my day job as a graphic designer. I'm here mainly for information but also to meet people and share the writing experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Hey, everyone!
    You can call me Zagreus, I'm an English student looking to find a good writing community to settle down in. I've been writing for almost all my life, and I'm finally looking to work on some longer project ideas. I'm looking forward to my time here!
    Hello to all the new writers. There's something here for everyone - flash fiction, poetry, short stories, longer novels, non-fiction, and even a place for visual art. Once you've made ten meaningful posts you can start posting your own creations, but in the meantime why not join in discussions and maybe offer some critique of work posted by longer-term members?
    Have fun!

Hey everyone!

I am a new writer, just stating to write my very first fantasy novel. I am 35 yers old fantasy geek from Finland. I hope to get some feedback and help to my writing, not to mention the encouragement to actually write the damn thing. I have outlined like 40 chapter already, but have written just two (stating the third) chapter so far. Hopefully that will be soon remedied.

Hi there Tyrisalthan! You're a better planner than I am - I just dove in with chapter 1, no outlines in place ...

Hi there, I'm Writor, I write stuff.
    I've been writing in exchange for a paycheck for, um, let me see... about 15 years now. No books though until last year, I have one non-fiction book out and now I'm tempted to try my hand at fiction as well because that's what I wanted to do as a kid. I wrote my first story in 3rd grade into ragged old notebook with lead pencil at candlelight because that's what writers do, right? Not a native English speaker so I expect to err a bit here and there.

Welcome aboard, Writor.

We have a Lean and Mean flash fiction challenge every week, if you're interested. This week's prompt is "Reality TV." Details are here.