Introduce Yourself - Page 343

Page 343 of 344 FirstFirst ... 143243293333335336337338339340341342343344 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3433

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hi. Indianroads here - I ride an Indian motorcycle on, you know, roads.

I'm a self published author of five books, and should finish up the first draft of my next book in a few days. My goal for this year is to publish the last 2 books of my SciFi series. I've not thought about anything after that.

I'm a retired engineer - veteran of Silicon Valley in CA, and a life long martial artist - with black belts in 4 different styles, my highest rank is 7th Dan in Taekwondo.

So... hi.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Goepner View Post
    Hello Blueman and welcome to the writers forums. I am only a writer as yourself, but I like to welcome new people here when I get the chance.

Here there are a lot of people that are like you, looking to improve and publish. Many have accomplished those goals and offer advice to those of us whom have yet to reach our goals.

That said, there is a minimum number of required posts one must accomplish before being able to post your own works. To accomplish these required posts I suggest to navigate your way around the forums pages and chat areas. commenting in the workshops is a great way to make the necessary quota.

An easy guide to figure out the navigation here is to scroll to the top of the page here and click on the little house icon. There you will find all the sections of the forums and the rules and regulations. Once there scroll down to the writers workshops and look around at the writings others have posted. Find some to critique give your thoughts and any food for thought you may have on their works.

I hope this helps and Please enjoy your stay with us.
    Hello J, Thank you very much for your support. I'll use my posts and therefore my words wisely. I don't do Social Media so in time I'll the boundaries around how to work this thing

Blueman

Blog Entries
    Indianroads... I like the concept and the name. Very creative.

Welcome to the forums. Take a look around and visit the workshops if you like. Drop a comment on anything you feel should have one. There are many forms of writing here, everything from poetry to screen plays. I am pretty sure you will find something to suit your fancy.
    My friends and family call me Bill, you may also.Hidden Content

When people meet people,
    Potential Strangers, Acquaintances, Friends.

When dogs meet people,
    Potential Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers.

I would rather be the Dog.

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

A word without thought can destroy.
    Please remember to think before you speak.

Good to see you returning Indianroads. There is some interesting stuff on self publishing and promoting yourself in the publishing section, do you get many sales?

I wonder what sort of Bike you have? Is it one of the original Indians or one of the new Polaris ones? I mostly rode Japanese bikes, my favourites were the Suzuki GS series, the first Jap bike that went round corners properly. My last one was the 750cc, but I actually preferred the 650, this is a small island with not much opportunity to use anything over 600cc, and it would dance on urban streets
    Two broken legs and fragile bones from age and meds mean I don't ride any longer, but I do miss it.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Good to see you returning Indianroads. There is some interesting stuff on self publishing and promoting yourself in the publishing section, do you get many sales?

I wonder what sort of Bike you have? Is it one of the original Indians or one of the new Polaris ones? I mostly rode Japanese bikes, my favourites were the Suzuki GS series, the first Jap bike that went round corners properly. My last one was the 750cc, but I actually preferred the 650, this is a small island with not much opportunity to use anything over 600cc, and it would dance on urban streets
    Two broken legs and fragile bones from age and meds mean I don't ride any longer, but I do miss it.
    Thank you all for the welcome! I’m enjoying myself here.

Technically speaking, I started riding Indian Motorcycles when I was 2 weeks old. Apparently, riding between my parents put me to sleep when I was being fussy. Note: my partner didn’t allow me to take our children out until they were much older.

My first bike was a BSA Lightening, an awesome bike, but the Lucas electric system gave me problems. After that I graduated to Honda’s, then Harleys. I purchased my first Indian in 2002 when the brand was revived and built in Gilroy CA. Later I rode a Custom Indian built in South Carolina. Currently I have 2 Indians in the garage, a 2014 Chief Vintage and 2016 Springfield.

I’ve ridden back and forth across the USA and through all of the lower 48 states, and western Canada.

ETA: I finished my first draft yesterday and began work on the blurb / product description today.

Hi Chis. Pleasure to 'meet' you.

I wish all our newcomers and returnees would post an intro as thorough as yours. Very informative and helpful re your areas of expertise and focus. Thank you . . . . . . . .

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

I am Rhoda Tripp. Hello Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodster View Post
    I am Rhoda Tripp. Hello Everyone.
    Hey Rhoda, there you are!
    Welcome

So, what part of the forum is going to be the part you are interested in most?
    And, what do you write? Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction?

Hullo nice writing and dissecting persons.

I am calling myself Tirralirra here, but have other names on other boards. Why so? Well you may have noticed that on some boards you have to register before you can see any contents. Which is silly, because itís really only after youíve had a look can you judge whether the type of contribution and critique is what you are seeking. I have been quite depressingly astonished at what I have found on a couple of other locations, and, conversely, very pleasantly surprised at what is on here.

I look forward to a period of looking and lurking before jumping in. No, I lie. I couldnít restrain myself and have already put out a note or two. Impetuosity is my middle name.

Currently brown forest-fire smoke is drifting in, so you might guess where I am. Iím a long-time would-be writer/poet. Perhaps poetaster (or dilettante) is more like it. Anyway, be seeiín youse lot. Hooroo.

Welcome Tirralirra, from a fellow poet.

Many of us here use forum names or pen names. I do too. Darren White isn't my real name, it's my pen name.
    A large part of the forum is accessible, even when you haven't registered yet. We find that's important because, indeed, future members should be able to get a feel of the forum before they register.

But there are also a few parts of the forum you cannot see and access yet. Those are the Workshops, where you can post and critique, but is is hidden from the outside world. So perfect for pre-publishing work. The Workshops will become available to you after you have made your 10 initial posts.

Happy writing!