Introduce Yourself - Page 302
Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 102202252292294295296297298299300301302
Results 3,011 to 3,018 of 3018

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hope I've done this right. Grew up in Dr Barnardo's Hpmes in the New Forest; RAF air wireless mechanic 12 years; Chemical worker 5years; 11 years in Paris and northern France. 4 years Customer Relations for Brit Telecomm; 4 years Uni of Kent at Canterbury; 3 years teaching French & Italian at secondary school; 10 years civilian worker for the Police, ie 4 years in the Comms Centre and 6 years as a press officer. Married to wife since 1967, kids, grandkids etc.
    I've been looking for some time for a platform on which to post extracts of my writings and arrived here via Google. I've written and self-published on KDP 2 novels and an anthology of short stories of differing genres. My first novel is really a saga of some 180,000 words. The anthology is intended to be a pot-boiler and my 2nd novel is a contemporary romance interspersed with humorous real-life incidents. I've managed to persuade a few family members and friends to read them with encouraging results.
    I've come to realise that writing fiction is the only art form in which I have a decent amount of skill. I can't draw or play a musical instrument "for toffee", as we used to say when I was a kid. I intend to use this forum to post extracts of my writings in the hope of attracting a wider readership. If I succeed, all so well and good. If not, well, I'll just keep on writing for myself as I have found I just cannot stop.
    Thanks very much for reading this far.
    topcol

Blog Entries
    Welcome Topcol. I along with many others hope you find this forum informative and helpful. There are many here who can guide and advise. Sounds like you are needing the beta readers section and help with publishing. There are threads for both along with a group of beta readers. I hope you find your stay here worth the while and never stop trying to further your writing.
    My friends and family call me Bill, you may also.

When people meet people,
    Potential Strangers, Acquaintances, Friends.

When dogs meet people,
    Potential Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers.

I would rather be the Dog.

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

A word without thought can destroy.
    Please remember to think before you speak.

Hi there, topcol! Welcome to WF!

GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

I mainly write poetry and started in about 2012 when I joined a writers group. Old story of "I always wanted to write, but . . . ". Anyway, now that do, I really enjoy it and have had many poems published. I have only one daughter and she's an artist. There are too many favourite poets to mention, but Sylvia Plath is one of them. I had no formal training in writing and attend every learning opportunity / workshop possible. Also learn a lot from critique groups.

Come to think of it, I haven't really had any formal training when it comes to writing. Most of it, I learned through reading, and joining forums like this one. I definitely learned a lot here. Hopefully, you'll have the same fun experience!

Welcome to WF, MarLa!

GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

Hi Mala, welcome to our creative community. I am also a fellow poet so look forward to reading your work. Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Check Out Our Members' Creative Works on <FLASHES of BRILLIANCE>

Great to see you here MarLa. I look forward to seeing your poems in time...

Chief Media Manager Darren White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarLa View Post
    I mainly write poetry and started in about 2012 when I joined a writers group. Old story of "I always wanted to write, but . . . ". Anyway, now that do, I really enjoy it and have had many poems published. I have only one daughter and she's an artist. There are too many favourite poets to mention, but Sylvia Plath is one of them. I had no formal training in writing and attend every learning opportunity / workshop possible. Also learn a lot from critique groups.
    Welcome MarLa
    Looking forward to seeing your poetry!

"I was shadow, light as mist, mute as the wallpaper.

Laura Whitcomb, A Certain Slant of Light