Thread: Introduce Yourself

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Hope you all find your way through the labyrinth to what we like to call 'the moist center' of WF. Believe us, it's tremendous. We have all of the best things.

At least take a moment and enjoy something of this magnitude: http://www.writingforums.com/threads...Down-Gibberish!

Perhaps once you've hung around awhile, earned your Ten Stamps, and made peace with whatever creature birthed you, it will start to come together. But seriously, we have writing competitions each month, poetry out the wazoo, and a ton of places to slink around and learn while you argue about grammar. It's good for what ails you, writing-wise, not to mention you can meet some great cyber-folks who'll encourage you along the way (and some who'll critique your work with a very impartial eye, which can sometimes sting).

Oh, and pick a good username. One you won't regret later. Ask us how we know.

I am always excited to see poets join. I've read the work of a couple of you and found it refreshing. You've also been generous with good suggestions for others, myself included, in poetry workshop. Hope others emulate you. I do keep a relaxed score, but a score, none the less, as to who takes and who gives. Then I know who not to give to.

Workshop help need not be some major point. Sometimes a seemingly simple punctuation change, or format change, is enough to make a difference. Anyway, I am sure others are as sick of my suggestions, as I am (smiles), and are looking forward to fresh poetry approaches. Bet you will have them. Welcome. Sas

Hello to everyone. Newbie is here. I am Jack John and I am the biggest fan of the Hollywood movies.

Quote Originally Posted by jackjohn View Post
    Hello to everyone. Newbie is here. I am Jack John and I am the biggest fan of the Hollywood movies.
    Helllllooo Jack John, I loooove movies too ... welcome to fabulous WF! Nice to meet you...
    What do you like to write about?
    Check out the exciting Poetry Hill Challenge!!

If you are a writer, reach a reader
    If you are a fighter, teach a leader
    If you are a lover, touch a leper
    If this has helped you, thank you, reader

If you can read this, teach a thinker

Author: Lynn Loschky

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Helllllooo Jack John, I loooove movies too ... welcome to fabulous WF! Nice to meet you...
    What do you like to write about?
    Thanks . I am just want to share reviews on latest movies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Daniels Jr View Post
    Hello
    Well goes to show how often I come about here lately...
    Welcome to the Writers Forums Raleigh.
    My friends and family call me Bill, you may also.

When people meet people,
    Potential Strangers, Acquaintances, Friends.

When dogs meet people,
    Potential Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers.

I would rather be the Dog.

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

A word without thought can destroy.
    Please remember to think before you speak.

Welcome all! = D
    Carpe Diem.

Hello Jackjohn and Raleigh, and anyone I may have missed. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing you around.

Hello all. I'm a quality over quantity sort. I'm not fully satisfied with a piece until I've been editing and rewriting it for years. Then I put it in some controlled visual format (either an image, pdf, or stand alone html document). And only then do I consider it "good," put it in a special folder that is much less full than the "ideas" and "in progress" folders, and do nothing with it. A recommendation by someone from another forum (not related to writing) brought me here. Not sure how much I'll share, if this will inspire me to write more, or what, but I'm definitely interested in reading other's work and discussing writing theory and different processes.