What's the last movie you watched? - Page 406

Page 406 of 407 FirstFirst ... 206306356396398399400401402403404405406407 LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 4062

Thread: What's the last movie you watched?

Over The Edge

Alita: Battle Angel. I wasn't aware of the lore, the manga etc. before I watched it so I don't know how it compares to the original. It was interesting, I liked the special effects / animation / CGI. Look forward to the sequel.
    I threw a glance at humankind and saw them treacherous and feeble.
    Severe judges, cruel, unkind and fools who are always close to evil.
    Before their frightful, anxious mob, indifferent hate forever rages.
    Not learnt the lessons from the ages!
    What use are wise and tempered words?
    "Sometime, in my sweet blindness" - Pushkin

Watched Patton again. Made my son sit through it, we'll call it leadership training. Actually, even though it's dated, I think he kinda liked it.
    It really is hard these days to find a movie with conviction that doesn't feel contrived. George C. Scott showed us a great, yet flawed man that knew why he was here.
    You weren't supposed to like him, or understand him. You experienced Patton. One of the best bio-pics ever.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

The Woman in Black

Since yesterday was Friday the 13th yesterday with a full moon to boot, I thought a horror movie was in order. The Woman in Black was decent, although so saturated with cliche horror tricks that you got desensitized to it after about the halfway point. That seems to be the current trend. Movies seem to be geared to people with short attention spans. There's no building of tension or real plot development. It's just bam, bam, bam... one ghost after another, which makes the movie a real yawner after a while.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Fracture

Joker

It's as good as folks say, and disturbing. Not easy to watch. It reminds me of some of Stanley Kubrick's work.
    I think it works as art because ten different viewers will have ten different experiences. And after seeing it, it's really hard not having an opinion about the movie.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Joker

It's as good as folks say, and disturbing. Not easy to watch. It reminds me of some of Stanley Kubrick's work.
    I think it works as art because ten different viewers will have ten different experiences. And after seeing it, it's really hard not having an opinion about the movie.
    I saw that last night. It had kind of a Taxi Driver/Mean Streets, Martin Scorsese kind of feel to it, and I think he was actually involved with the production.

It seemed like there were a lot of political messages in it, such as the economic inequalities that exist today and the lack of resources available for the mentally ill, plus the way we often exploit those who are different.

That said, I'm kind of tired of movies set in the 1970s and early '80s (which I believe is when this was set). It seems like it's becoming kind of cliche and maybe the easy way out. Aren't there any inner-city weirdos today, or are they just not interesting like they were twenty or so years ago? I think it was cool to be weird back then more so than today.

Laundromat. Starring Meryll Streep and others. It made me laugh and entertained me (netflix).
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    Watched a bio/doc about the band Chicago and all the trips they went through to become famous.
    Blog: Guerilla Warfare For Writers:Hidden Content

Amazon Page: Hidden Content
    Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers: Hidden Content