Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

“Default” Winner’s Thread (1 Viewer)

Chesters Daughter

WF Veterans
A challenging prompt has resulted in a well-worthy winner. Juls has blessed us once more with one of her lovingly crafted jewels, and the masses have recognized its impressive value. That said, kindly join us in congratulating our victor, Firemajic, for her stunning entry, Death by Default.

In addition to receiving this month’s Laureate, Juls has the coveted honor of selecting our next prompt.

Kudos, my dear friend! A challenging prompt is no match for your expertise! I got one word here, haunting, which means it stays with me indefinitely, always a sign of well wrought verse. You, of course, got me vote. Keep doing you Juls, you’re one of a kind, and your pieces proudly proclaim your uniqueness. More kudos!

Phil Istine

WF Veterans
Well written, Julia. For me this was the stand-out poem, and the voting appears to reflect that. Initially, I had trouble deciding as I was a bit put off by a couple of typos (I can be a pedant), but I felt it was so far in front of the other poems it could carry them with comfort.
It was wonderful to read.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Hey hey! You’re on a roll! Congratulations!

Thank you, Tuesday ;)

Well written, Julia. For me this was the stand-out poem, and the voting appears to reflect that. Initially, I had trouble deciding as I was a bit put off by a couple of typos (I can be a pedant), but I felt it was so far in front of the other poems it could carry them with comfort.
It was wonderful to read.

Humm, I know of one typo, but the grace period had expired before I noticed it...;)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Wonderful poem and you got my vote without hesitation. Please make sure you come up with a prompt that's easier to work with for next month! Goodness knows what sort of idiot thought of 'default' ... oh, apparently it was me. 8-[

I always have anxiety when I have to pick the next prompt... poor Lisa, I drive her craaaazy... But this IS a writing challenge... so if the prompt is unusual or difficult, then you did exactly what you were supposed to do... you challenged the poets to dig deep and be creative...

Thank you for your lovely comment, Jen... I appreciate it so much ;)

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
wonderful poetry from a gifted and wonderful poet- your poetry is full of fire magic - you're WF's poet of the decade- this piece was truly breathtaking....

my warmest
bob

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
wonderful poetry from a gifted and wonderful poet- your poetry is full of fire magic - you're WF's poet of the decade- this piece was truly breathtaking....

my warmest
bob

Dear Maestro and awesome Word Wizard , thank you for your kind words and support... the next time I fall into a writing slump, I will read your words and put pen to paper ;)

Love you bunches, from your friend, the lowly Grasshopper...