stories of the day -(a vent) - Blogs - Writing Forums

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

View RSS Feed

Kevin

stories of the day -(a vent)

Rate this Entry
Rip offs, conquests, greed, lies and rewards.

Another horror story ( witnessed today) , a man pays a man to do something, puts his trust, a contract - only to learn that the man has absconded. There goes a life savings. There goes a marriage. There goes his ability to sleep, drink, eat, think... he's hired the lawyers, but get in line: there are 15 other lawsuits. But he'd come so very recommended...

A man goes overseas, works in a dangerous situation- life threatening- sends his 'hazard pay' paychecks home. He comes home to find his wife has spent it - all of it - on frivolous things, and by the way, now that he's back, she's no longer interested in being married to him, because in fact she's has been with another man the whole time he was gone... So without so much as a thank you and good buy ( pun), she's gone, in fact, no, come to think of it, you need to keep paying my rent she says, and alimony, so you need to 'go goodbye' as it were.

Poor dear, always the victim, and she's deserving a better life because... So say her girlfriends.

Submit "stories of the day -(a vent)" to Digg Submit "stories of the day -(a vent)" to del.icio.us Submit "stories of the day -(a vent)" to StumbleUpon Submit "stories of the day -(a vent)" to Google

Updated February 7th, 2019 at 04:07 PM by Kevin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. Plasticweld's Avatar
    I knew a guy, he did what he said, his word was his bond. He never needed a lawyer, a handshake was all that was ever needed. He sleeps well at night, the results of an honest days work. His food tastes great, because of the company it is shared with. He takes nothing for granted and is always thankful, relying on God, not just man, it is easy for him to keep things in perspective.

    He is willing to take risks in business, he knows there is no such thing as a sure thing and that great reward comes not only with hard work but great risk. He appears wealthy by living within his means, he is not only able to tithe to the Lord but share with others less fortunate. While he has made many mistakes in life, he viewed them as learning experiences, not set backs

    While some may consider him lucky, he works hard at being a good husband, a good father and a good friend. The results are a happy marriage, kids that love and respect him and friends that stand by him no matter what.


    Some say it is all just luck, others say he is blessed, others say you reap what you sow.
  2. dither's Avatar
    You reap what you sow imo. I totally go along wit that.

    Kevin,
    I wouldn't say that my house is falling into disrepair, not quite, yet, exactly but there are so many little things need doing here. The cold tap on my bath hasn't worked for a few years and it'll stay that way because I don't know who to ask/who to trust. I'd love to have someone in to replace it but...

    My boiler, is old. What am I going to do when that packs up? Who do you ask when there's no-one to ask?

    World we're living in.
  3. Kevin's Avatar
    Sometimes you don't reap what you sow. Sometimes you just get reaped.
  4. dither's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Sometimes you don't reap what you sow. Sometimes you just get reaped.
    Yep.
  5. Kevin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld
    I knew a guy, he did what he said, his word was his bond. He never needed a lawyer, a handshake was all that was ever needed. He sleeps well at night, the results of an honest days work. His food tastes great, because of the company it is shared with. He takes nothing for granted and is always thankful, relying on God, not just man, it is easy for him to keep things in perspective.

    He is willing to take risks in business, he knows there is no such thing as a sure thing and that great reward comes not only with hard work but great risk. He appears wealthy by living within his means, he is not only able to tithe to the Lord but share with others less fortunate. While he has made many mistakes in life, he viewed them as learning experiences, not set backs

    While some may consider him lucky, he works hard at being a good husband, a good father and a good friend. The results are a happy marriage, kids that love and respect him and friends that stand by him no matter what.


    Some say it is all just luck, others say he is blessed, others say you reap what you sow.
    he is a lucky guy in many respects...
    first off he was born with a brain that functions clearly better than many others. Not much you can do about that, right? I mean if your brain doesn't work right.

    Second-he was born in a place better than many others
    third - during a time that is better than many others.
    Theres no war going on there, his country is not being bombed yada yada...
    for instance there's no V-2 rocket suddenly crashing through his roof vaporizing him and entire household.
    So theres a lot of things out of his control that he was lucky with. No fault and no accomplishment. Just is.

    Me too. I'm not complaining.

    Those two guys, the one that got ripped off by an unscrupulous contractor , and the one that got ripped off by his former significant other, his wife that he took vows with, they could both have it worse . There's always worse, like your kid dying of cancer or whatever, and yes they can have a positive attitude saying its a learning experience, but regardless, they are still screwed for now.

    That money is gone. They may make lots more in the future, but that money they lost is gone forever. They are financially affected forever. Like that family with the V-2 rocket, they are/were screwed.

    And the lesson there? Don't live in London ? Some sort of philosophical live every day because you never know..? Sorry, doesn't work for me. It doesn't help. I know all that stuff, but it doesn't help. You go on because you have to, or you don't.
    I would go on; I think most people go on. What else do you do? And they would hopefully try to not have it happen again.

    Live and learn, yes, but I am still shocked - maybe that's too strong- 'strongly surprised' when people pull these devious, lying , selfish , screw-the-other-person-over-bigtime, moves. Okay, maybe I am still shocked, dismayed. How do they do that? That is so...
    Updated February 9th, 2019 at 03:59 PM by Kevin
  6. Plasticweld's Avatar
    Kevin the key to happiness is low expectations.

    Everyone in life gets knocked on their ass. None of the things I mentioned are contingent on surroundings or environment, but rather an appreciation for the things that matter in life. Those same values are true no matter where you are in life, bottom of the economic ladder or the very top.

    McDonalds is a feast if you are starving, a three star restaurant a disappointment if you were expecting a four star.

    A glass of water to a thirsty man, is better than the finest wine.
  7. Kevin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld
    Kevin the key to happiness is low expectations.

    Everyone in life gets knocked on their ass. None of the things I mentioned are contingent on surroundings or environment, but rather an appreciation for the things that matter in life. Those same values are true no matter where you are in life, bottom of the economic ladder or the very top.

    McDonalds is a feast if you are starving, a three star restaurant a disappointment if you were expecting a four star.

    A glass of water to a thirsty man, is better than the finest wine.
    I am not asking for anything.

    I get your point about living within ones means but I don't this applies here. Even the cheating wife had the means, whether 'they' could afford them or not, she could. And I suspect that logically, she knew once her means-supplier came home , her means would be curtailed. Can't have that. So, she took steps... Too bad he didn't understand that going into it.

    When entering an agreement, a fair shake is commonly expected. There are, however, those that expect to get more than their fair share from a shared deal. They renegotiate after, or withhold their part of the commitment.

    Their word is nothing. They expect that they don't give a rat's ass about anyone if it is in conflict with what they want. They often come up with excuses or their own logic to justify their position, but not necessarily. The bottom line is that results are all that matter to them and screw everyone else. I'm sure you've run into that.

    On occasion, if they have the money for an attorney, some of those not seeking more than their fair share of an agreement are able to get redress. It happens. Usually not.

    It's part of doing business. I'm still going to take note of it when I run into it. It interests me. And, I think it's good to warn people about scammers, crooks. That's what the one owner is doing. He bought his crook's domain names and he's planning using them once the dust settles and all the legal means are exhausted. I don't really know what that means exactly, but basically the owner explained that a lot of people are going to know about this guy. Maybe it's like 'doxing' ?

    Anyway, I think some people are opportunists. They don't go around actively search for people to screw over or steal from, but when they find it- an opportunity- they take it.

    Others, however, are true scam artists. They know what they want, and they don't have any qualms about getting it. No, they actually have a plan.

    I've run into both, many times.

    The second type sort-of more fascinates me. I love the details. One of the things they often do - maybe always do- is follow the seventh rule of capitalism, which is 'take your profits now.' You could say they borrow that from the hippies 'ba-da da...live for today'. And the second half of take your profits now is '...and let tommorrow worry about tomorrow.' It makes total sense, I mean, if you take your profits now, you can take them with you to the next thing.

    I think sort of by accident , that's what the cheating wife did. I think she's more of the opportunist, and less the planner. I think it just ... came to her like intuition. You could say she's a natural.
    Updated February 9th, 2019 at 06:40 PM by Kevin
  8. Winston's Avatar
    Life would be a lot easier if it weren't for all the people we have to deal with.
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.