Or, instead of performing such an insane and dreadfully idiotic act such as that, you could pay attention here. Surely that wouldn't be as discomforting, eh? Here's a few of the techniques that I use to knock out writer's block with the quickness.
- Check The News: Be it the Newspaper, T.V., or online news providers, always check the news first. You'll usually have an opinion on at least one thing that's going on. Let people know what you think - write about it.
- Narrate Yesterday: Something cool happened yesterday. Write up the scene. Every detail. Sights, smells, how you felt, everything. When you're finished writing this, you'll be able to write about damned near anything else.
- Rewrite Something: Either something you've written before that you think you could make better, or a piece by your favorite author perhaps (just don't claim it for yourself!). I know I've got an entire slew of stories and articles I could rewrite and make much, much better. Once again, when you've finished this practice, you will find that the writer's block has removed itself.
- Read Something You Enjoy: Just for a few minutes. A favorite chapter of a book, a favorite newspaper article, anything. As long as it's something you've read in the past and have enjoyed, read it. Most people don't believe the amount of creativity positive elements hold for us.
- Look For What's NOT There: You know, imagine things! If you're at a restaurant and you see a waitress pouring coffee to a ninety-year old lady, just imagine the best possible scenario and the worst possible. The waitress goes crazy and bashes the old lady, sending her to the floor in a puddle of boiling coffee, or perhaps the old lady tips the waitress with her entire estate and bank account signed over to her. The story that didn't happen. What would have been amazing.
- Write About Writer's Block: This one is absolutely terrific. I just used it Now that I'm coming to the end of it, I've got a few more great ideas to write about. This one wins.
~Jesus man, stay ahead of the damned beasts!~
---Let me know what you guys think? This is my work, originally posted to my blog at: The Mass Distraction