One of which is setting up a firing position on the range and zeroing the .22 carbine.
I gathered an old pallet, two thick logs, some mesh sacking bundled together, some padded material and hessian to waterproof it in.
I set the range target at roughly 90-100 yards using the pacing method.
Then I tried zeroing it with some Remington CeeBee subsonic ammo. The first two shots I took were duds, the primers failed to fire the main charge.
The remaining three rounds failed to cycle the working parts. The sound report was fairly muted though.
Making a mental note to return the ammo at a later resupply date I switched to the more reliable Winchester high-velocity rounds.
It took me a few go’s but after some adjustments I had the swing target registering constant hits.
Then it was time to finish as the raindrops began and soon turned into some heavy showers…