So things at work have been steadily getting worse to the point where I have felt the need to Whistle-blow on my General Manager due to his seeming lack of care. Now there have been a few incidents that have happened that should not have:
1. I applied for one position but still have not received said position with no reason as to why.
2.He always arrives 25 minutes late for work, but then feels that he can tell staff members off when they are late.
3.He is rude to both staff members and customers.
4.He has enraged a customer to the point of them walking out without paying and nearly calling the police.
5. He allows his wife to work on a volunteer basis but gives her a managers key and allows her to boss paid staff members around. Now his wife is an elderly women who does not know how to work the computer systems and seems to refuse to learn how. She also believes that she does not have to be polite to customers because she does not have to care.
6. I was made to chase after a very angry gentleman who did not pay alone into he dark car park to make him come back in and pay.
7. After calling in sick at Christmas (after working for a week and all staff and customers seeing me get worse and worse) he decided to try and accuse me of breaking house rules when I had not broken any.
8. Lastly he thinks that it is perfectly ok to swear at his staff members.
After all of this I decided yesterday that I could not just stand by and watch this so I googled workers rights and found that you can whistle-blow,which means the company or individuals involved can not give any repercussions.
I was wondering if anyone had had any similar problems like this and how they dealt with them?