PDA

View Full Version : How I got my break...

batesy
November 23rd, 2006, 07:09 AM
Howdy All,

I've put some stuff on my blog (http://www.projectpapercut.com/thevirginscreenwriter.html) about how I got my first deal.

I'm not sure if I should continue updating the info, but will if anyone finds the info at all useful.

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

David Siudzinski
November 24th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I agree. Only those that can continually produce quality work, and "original" ideas, can be successful screenwriters. You're story is an interesting one. Might I ask what fun show you got the oppurtunity to work on?

batesy
November 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM
David, I worked on a show called 'Always Greener'. I think it lasted three seasons - can't say I ever saw any of the finished episodes though! Apparently it rated through the roof in the beginning, then faded during the first series. No surprise with creative meetings that suggested we ... "could introduce an evil twin brother".

Still makes me shiver....

Kimba
November 28th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Admittedly, I was never a fan of the show. It was a bit too silly for my liking. McLeod's Daughters, on the other hand, ... ;)

However, I reckon it's great to see someone actually making it in the Australian film and TV industry considering how competitive it is these days. Good on ya! :D