PDA

View Full Version : I want some brutal honesty.

Sock
November 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM
What chance does a 15-year-old film geek from Canada have in pursuing a screen writing career when hes an adult? Should I give up?

mammamaia
November 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
What chance does a 15-year-old film geek from Canada have in pursuing a screen writing career when hes an adult?

the same as anyone of any age from anywhere...

Should I give up?

that's up to you... how committed are you to being a screenwriter?... i suggest you look into the career and craft carefully... find out what is involved in learning the most specialized of all the writing arts and what the odds are of succeeding [millions to one!]... if, after apprising yourself of all the details and downsides, you still think this is the only thing you want to do in your life, then why quit?

i mentor many aspiring screenwriters, so if you drop me an email, i'll be glad to send you some basic info on all of the above and answer any questions you may have...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

hobbish
November 12th, 2006, 08:30 PM
There isn't any sense in giving up at anything, really.

It'll never be the easiest career to get into, obviously. But you can always have an agent at no expense, until you hit the big time. You can also pursue another line of work at the same time, no?

From another 15 year old who aspires to be a screen writer.

mammamaia
November 13th, 2006, 04:18 PM
But you can always have an agent at no expense, until you hit the big time.

don't know what you meant by that, hob, but agents are not only for beginners... they make most of their commissions on the 'big time' writers!