PDA

View Full Version : Help form a Screenwriter needed!

fightingcrest
February 1st, 2006, 01:42 AM
I have the greatest idea for a movie and have my story in place but have no experience in screenwriting. I've read other scripts and form what i've seen it looks like all you pretty much need to do is explain the story so that when a director reads it he just has to "connect the dots" so to say.

I've seen though that others like to use things like:

Int. Large apartment-Bedroom-Night

or

Mike
Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah

But this makes no sense to me.

Can anyone train me a lil' on how to screenwrite because I feel like I have a great story that has potential to be the next great Sci-Fi film of our time! Email me @ [email protected] if you have any help for me. Thanks in advanced.

mammamaia
February 2nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
i mentor lots of aspiring screenwriters and will be glad to show you how it's done...

but there's no such thing as knowing just "a li'l" about how to write a script... the format is mandated by the industry and if you want to have any chance of selling a screenplay, you must write it according to the rules 'n regs... whether it makes sense to you now, or not, it's what's required... once you study and learn the format basics, you should be able to see why it does, indeed, make sense...

email me 'at home' if you want info on the basics and help getting started...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

fightingcrest
February 2nd, 2006, 01:19 AM
Wow... thank you so much. I'm agnostic and don't put too much into religion but if there's truly a heaven i'm sure you're going there.

I'll e-mail you now and we can get started whenever you want. This has been my only set back to making my dreams come true and hopefully, once i'm ready, i'll finish the next great blockbuster, lol.

mammamaia
February 3rd, 2006, 02:00 AM
i'm also a non-believer in any gods or religions, but i appreciate the thought, fc!

even though we've already been communicating by email, i didn't want to leave this very nice 'thank you' unreplied-to...

love and hugs, maia