PDA

View Full Version : an inspector calls...any opinions?

rainbow
September 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
i'm studying it in school at the moment for my eng lit gcse, i quite like it. Just wondering what everyone else thinks... 8)

Ed Parnell
October 4th, 2004, 03:46 PM
It is an excellent play; morality, values and hypocrisy are all rich topics. The thing is it was really about how people don't consider the implications of their actions; how many people can unwittingly destroy someone through their own minor bigotry.

Of course, the main theme is pride, and it's place before a fall. The interesting thing is it leaves the family house just as the implications of their actions begin to dawn on them.

It was my first introduction to really arc writing.

rainbow
October 4th, 2004, 08:22 PM
pretty much yeh
i have an exam on it tomorrow-eek! but i've revised well (i think) so i should be okay...:D
i have a history exam on hitler and nazi germany 1919-1933 tomorrow aswell :(

Ed Parnell
October 6th, 2004, 07:15 AM
pretty much yeh
i have an exam on it tomorrow-eek! but i've revised well (i think) so i should be okay...:D
i have a history exam on hitler and nazi germany 1919-1933 tomorrow aswell :(

Hope it went well.

rainbow
October 13th, 2004, 07:03 PM
thankyou just in case you're still remotely interested...:) i got a B+ for my english (i ran out of time :( ) and for my history i got an A! :D

demonic_harmonic
October 31st, 2004, 01:40 PM
we did that play at my school. i was the inspector. it was definitly awesome. we had female inspectors. just because thats who tried out. :D