PDA

View Full Version : Saltsburg Daffodils watercolor

Foxee
May 20th, 2020, 04:38 PM

Bic ballpoint pen and watercolor (pencils and paints).

This is from the sketching-day that I had with my youngest daughter a little while ago in a nearby town. I haven't watercolored in forever but it seemed to be the thing to do.

Paper's rippled and colors are nearly impossible to get true to life when taking a picture or a scan of the artwork, but here's the approximation at least!

River Rose
May 20th, 2020, 04:51 PM

Bic ballpoint pen and watercolor (pencils and paints).

This is from the sketching-day that I had with my youngest daughter a little while ago in a nearby town. I haven't watercolored in forever but it seemed to be the thing to do.

Paper's rippled and colors are nearly impossible to get true to life when taking a picture or a scan of the artwork, but here's the approximation at least!
That’s beautiful.

Firemajic
May 20th, 2020, 05:08 PM
love the mixed media, the watercolor adds softness while the use of ink keeps the details in place... this is a delicate, dreamy painting, I would love it hanging on my wall... I hope you have time to do more, and share them with us... thank you ;)

Gumby
May 20th, 2020, 05:13 PM
It's lovely! Does your daughter share your talent?

I know what you mean. And from different screens it is bound to look different.

Foxee
May 20th, 2020, 05:36 PM
She does! At least I think so. She particularly likes scenes that include water, I think. I'll try to post up one that she has that I have on my wall and the photo that she worked from. I'm not entirely sure how much she'll pursue art but when she's into it, she is really into it.

Thanks, Fire, this is a little bitty thing, a sketchbook page about 6"x8". Time to work bigger. :)

Amnesiac
May 20th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Foxee, that is amazing and beautiful. Lovely work.

Bloggsworth
May 24th, 2020, 09:39 AM
Love it.

dither
May 24th, 2020, 06:40 PM
Foxee, I envy you your talent.

Foxee
May 24th, 2020, 07:03 PM
Foxee, I envy you your talent.
Lots of practice, too. Some education. One of my professors used this book (not directly but the ideas in it) which I subsequently bought as well to have in my library.

Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain (https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Side-Brain-Definitive/dp/1585429201)

I have an earlier version than this but it should still be a great guide to learning to draw. Nobody should be afraid to try it.