PDA

View Full Version : What would be the best way to mix a supernatural human creature like this?

Breadcrumbs11722
April 11th, 2020, 09:27 PM
He would be a mix of a dhampir(which is a half vampire human), a werewolf, sorcerer or warlock, chimera, and a Cambion(which is a human demon)?

This is more in line with the supernatural and mythos so according to my search, a vampire, succubus, incubus, demon can't produce children since they have no blood circulation and are either undead and only have a soul. So how could such a hybrid work? Only ones that seem like they could all produce together and with a human would be a werewolf, sorcerer and chimera.

Sir-KP
April 12th, 2020, 02:35 AM
One way to deal with myth is to screw logic because you are not dealing with something rational.

Like you said, if Vampire, Succubus, Incubus, etc. can't produce children because they have no blood circulation, so that means technically they shouldn't be able to command anything with their brains, let alone moving. They should be flat down dead meat.

seigfried007
April 13th, 2020, 01:25 AM
He would be a mix of a dhampir(which is a half vampire human), a werewolf, sorcerer or warlock, chimera, and a Cambion(which is a human demon)?

This is more in line with the supernatural and mythos so according to my search, a vampire, succubus, incubus, demon can't produce children since they have no blood circulation and are either undead and only have a soul. So how could such a hybrid work? Only ones that seem like they could all produce together and with a human would be a werewolf, sorcerer and chimera.
However you say it works 'cause you're the author.

K.S. Crooks
April 18th, 2020, 03:42 PM
You could make it that all of your creatures can turn on and off their powers in the same manner as werewolves. In their human form the lose their extra strength and other abilities, however they can do all the normal human functions.

louisg
June 16th, 2020, 02:13 PM
i would suggest using something like full moon or getting angry or something like that when they change or transform or just thinking abit logical and combining them as visually logical as possible :D

ehbowen
August 11th, 2020, 02:39 AM
For the purposes of writing such a character, I'd amend "da rules" to say that such creatures have the ability to materialize a human (or metahuman) body temporarily. "Temporary" might mean twenty years or more, for that matter. I'd further postulate that while in such a form the effects of meiosis, sexual reproduction and so forth are highly unpredictable...that is, offspring could well be purely human on all physical and metaphysical levels while others, even those born to the same couple, could have supernatural traits and abilities passed on from their parents. Might make for some interesting brother-sister dynamics....

Lee Messer
August 18th, 2020, 04:18 AM
I personally would create a magic system. I have read in many places that agents crave new magic systems because of what was done with Harry Potter. I prefer to use what is called 'Low Magic' like what would be seen in ancient times as opposed to 'high' or 'arcane' magic. There are many categories to choose from though.

I guess through my research I have found that 'older' or 'low' magic seems to be based from souls and sacrificial trading with other worldly beings. Newer magic like say, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings type magic seems to be incantations and gesturing alone.

Any kind of 'magic' can be combined to create any magic system though which is pretty much like others have said before me. It's all up to you. One interesting take I found was magic based from perspective alone. People without a high enough level of imagination and open-mindedness simply weren't capable of perceiving such a thing, while that was all that was required. Like simply being able to make a wish requires belief.